I have been struggling with the following exercise on 5. and 6… Could someone give me a help?
- Use Select Folder activity to select a folder containing few files
- Use Assign activity to store file names in an array
- Use For Each activity to iterate through each file names in the array
- Use Write Line activity within For Each activity to display file names in Output panel
5. Use Type Into activity below Write Line activity to store file names in a MS Word file
6. Use Click and Send Hotkey activities to save and close the file.
what problems are you running into? Steps #5 and #6 seem straightforward, so you’ll have to let us know what issues you’re having for us to help you solve them
If you want to generate Word files then try using Word activities package instead of manually opening and typing in Word.
Thanks a lot, that was good help.
Thank you for your response. The thing is I am not sure how I can store the file names in a word file using the Type Into activity.
@Frederico_Barreto - I attached a process doing exactly what you’re looking for. It is currently using the word application scope to write in microsoft word, so make sure the word activities package is installed. If you need to have the process working without the word application scope and instead NEEDS to be done with type into, please let me know and i can amend the file to help with that as well.
Please let me know if you have any questions about how something is working or why I chose a specific way of doing things in the .xaml
Frederico_Barreto.zip (3.4 KB)
Thank you so much for your help, I have managed at the end . Your time on helping me with this was much appretiated.
Once again thanks a lot.