Control Key Reset not working with BlueZone emulator v8.1

Hi

I’m using BlueZone v8.1 and it does not respond to the Rest control key. I had to sent keys control + r to the BlueZone app window, outside the terminal session activity.

Currently using Studio v2019.10.4 and Terminal activities v1.3.4.

Has this been resolved in the later version of Terminal activities, v2.0.1?

Regards
Steve

Hi @steven.wakley

Instead of that u can use send hot key

Thanks
Ashwin.S

Hi Ashwin,

Yes, I have used send hot key ctrl+r to the emulator window but wanted instead to use the Terminal activity Send Control Key [Reset] instead within a terminal session activity.

I suspect it has been resolved, but my client cannot yet upgrade the Terminal activities package.

Regards
Steve

Hi @steven.wakley

Even try to cross verify in bluezone emulator whether reset option is set as ctrl+r or reset

Thanks
Ashwin.S

Hi @steven.wakley

Please let us know if the latest version of the Terminal package resolves this issue for you. If it didn’t, I’ll register your feedback as an issue to be looked into by our team.

Hi Maciej.

Well, I’m not sure UiPath.Terminal.Activies package v2.0.1 did resolved the problem, as we’ve left the code performing a re-set outside the terminal session via UiPath.Core.Activities.SendHotKey.

However, we then upgraded recently to UiPath.Terminal.Activities v2.1.0 and another issue arose. After the send Keys CTRL+R via UiPath.Core.Activities.SendHotKey, the terminal connection is lost, so that subsequent terminal session activities - such as Send Hot Key F3 results in excetion “Terminal error: NotConnected”.

We’ve reverted back to v2.0.1 it everything works fine. This is the only workflow where, to determine whether an input field is editable, it attemps an EraseEOF inside try catch, and so then has to re-set the terminal emulator before continuing. All of the other workflows developed with Terminal.Activities v2.1.0 work ok.

Regards
Steve

Macaroon Associates

HI again

I have attempted to use UiPath.Terminal.Activities.SendHotKey(Reset) in version 2.1.0 but this results on TerminalError.Error.

UiPath.Terminal.Activities.SendHotKey(Reset) in 2.0.1 also fails following the caught exception on EraseEOF.

This implies that is the exception caught on the attempted Erase EOF that is the root cause of the terminal connection errors.

I’ve reverted here back to UiPath.Core.SendHotKeys, using Terminal.Activities v2.0.1 as this works fine.

Regards
Steve
Macaroon Associates Ltd

Thank you for more information. I registered your issue in our internal bug tracker for our team to have a look. I would also suggest you to contact our technical support for direct assistance if possible, given you are an Enterprise customer:

@steven.wakley, sorry for the late reply. I’m going through some of the open issues and in looking at this one, there is one thing that is not clear to me.
What provider are you using with BlueZone? Is it the BlueZone specific provider or is it the EHLL provider?

Thank you
Bogdan

Hi @steven.wakley

The issue should be fixed in the incoming 2.3.0 version of the activity package.