Computer vision WPF control licensing

Whenever I try to select an element on the screen I get this licensing error that pops up that seems to be from some 3rd party control. Makes CV unusable for me.

Anyone else seen this?

Error

@bobpeers,

It seems like issue with that application you are trying to automate it. I think its not allowing UIPath.

I thought the same but it happens on many applications

@bobpeers,

Are you facing this issue with Computer Vision Activities only or with all activities in UIPath ?

Looking more into this I’m confident it the controls that UiPath are using to create the small helper window when you select element on the screen. This means it fails for every activity. I end up seeing an unstyled helper window missing controls.

PrtScr%20capture

@bobpeers,

This is application is on Citrix or local machine ? If it is on citrix side then try with OCR engines once and see

Local machine

Hey @bobpeers,

Can you please tell me which Studio version are you using?
And the versions for UiAutomation and CV packages?

Thanks.

Hej @Ion_Miron

Hey @bobpeers,

The issue comes from a version conflict between Studio and UiAutomation 19.3.0-beta.
Please update your packages as follows:
CV - latest beta - 1.0.0-beta226532
UiAutomation - latest stable release - 19.2.0

Other option would be to update Studio to the latest version.

2 Likes

Hi @Ion_Miron,

how do I find the version of CV you mention?

Hi @Ion_Miron,

ignore the last post I was not looking in the beta feed. It is working now. I’d like to add a note that the installation notes for this from UiPath were not very detailed, I had to look up a forum post to find how it should be done. When the beta feed is mentioned you only show the checkbox but you actually need to ann another repository

Thanks for the help though :grinning:

1 Like

Hey @bobpeers,

I’m glad it’s all working fine.
Nut sure I understand how come you could see the Alpha builds of CV, but not the Beta version.

Have a great day.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.