Computation Using Calculator

Hi All,

I have one column in my excel which contains numeric value anything between 1 to 99.
I have to do a computation via calculator and add a 50% interest on these values and save the result to another column
How will I use my calculator click function since my number in the column can be a single digit or double digit or if I want to scale my application to support numbers after 99 as well.

Thanks

Hi @Chetan1809

Why dont you use macro instead then save the output to the column and read it. i think that much better just a suggestion :smiley:

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

3 Likes

I am not very much confident on how to use macros … and the requirement is via using of calculator.
Thanks,

1 Like

Hey @Chetan1809

You could simply write an excel formula to compute interest in the output column. There is no need to use calculator to compute it.

Cheers
Devbrath

1 Like

Ok! Fine if calculator is needed in the scenario please make my scenario as your reference. Thanks :smiley:

Scenario:
1.Use Excel Application Scope and put the desired path of the excel that to be read.
2.Use Read Range to read the value of the excel
3.Use Open Application to open calculator put the filename that need to be open
4.Then read the datatable using ForEachRow
5.Use Click Activity while doing the loop
6.Do what ever you want to do in the output data.

Hope these might be helpfull to you :smiley:

4 Likes

Step 1-5 are fine and I have already taken care of it . The problem is with step 6 .
Suppose my number is 88, I have to click twice and if my number is 8 i have to click once and in future if the number in the column becomes 888 , i have to click thrice , so my question is, that is it achievable only by using the if loop or is there any other approach , or there is a limitation wherein I have to assume my number can be only of 2 digit or 3 digit .
I hope my question is clear .

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Chetan1809

Theres a lot of way . You can either click or use type into.
Try to check out for that scenario.

3 Likes

Hi Chetan,

Is this a training exercise or a production bot development?

If this is a production bot I would strongly recommend that you eliminate the use of the calculator altogether and do the computation either in UiPath or in excel. This will lead to a faster overall process and reduce the potential for error as computations will not dependent on robot interaction with the user interface of the calculator.

If this is a training exercise, and the requirement is to interact with the calculator to show that you can interact with multiple applications, then I would follow pattyricarte’s advice.The Type Into action will allow you to input your value directly into the calculator.

Cheers!

2 Likes

@martinw3 i had a doubt regarding an exercise https://ibb.co/hZstSv8 could you help me solve from part 3?

@pattyricarte I am facing a similar issue in the following link https://ibb.co/hZstSv8 if you could help me as well. I am stuck in the 3rd part