Close image in a loop

If we want to open up a file in specific location we can use Process.Start(“C:.…”)
Is there a way to then close file same way?

1 Like

yah
we can use either close application or KILL process activity with that process name mentioned in the property PROCESS NAME
and to get that process name go to task manager and get the application name from process tab
there we will be having like EXCEL.exe, Acrobat.exe…from this take except .exe like only EXCEL, Acrobat and put that as a string between double quotes in the property PROCESS NAME of KILL PROCESS activity

Cheers @kuzinyd

1 Like

@Palaniyappan following this logic i might create a Process variable and pass it over inside Process property of “Kill process” activity. Unfortunately, by doing so i don’t get this image closed. Is there a way to make it work?

1 Like

May I know what application we use here
Cheers @

1 Like

@Palaniyappan
we are trying to close Photos.

And there’s a path to image in assign activity, like testproc=Process.Start(“C:\image.jpg”)

Great
May i know .exe file name of that application
Because we neee to mention that file name without .exe in the property PROCESS NAME of KILL PROCESS activity property panel

Like suppose we have a excel file the .exe application file name is EXCEL.exe
So we need to mention as “EXCEL” in the PROCESS NAME property in the kill process activity
Similarly we will be having a .exe file name for that application kindly mention the same way as mentioned above

Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @kuzinyd

@Palaniyappan
I thought that after creating a process variable i could use it inside process property. But seems that after executing this statements :
testproc=Process.Start(“C:\image.jpg”)

testproc is Null, maybe i should get a name fo that process properly…
anyways, it’s just “Microsoft Photos” and i don’t know really where to find exe file of that program

1 Like

Fine
next to the Start Process where we need to pass the file path of the image file as input,
use a KILL PROCESS activity and in the property panel mention as “Microsoft.Photos” or “Photos” in the PROCESS NAME property
try either of this and let know pls

Cheers @kuzinyd

@Palaniyappan yeah, right it works eventually, appreciate that!
P.s did not pass it the right way as “Microsoft.Photos”

1 Like

Fantastic
Cheers @kuzinyd

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.