Close files with different extensions

Hello everyone,

i want to close files having different extension using a standard activity. Can anyone help me with this?

Yah we can use KILL PROCESS activity or CLOSE APPLICATION activity

Where in kill process mention the process name in property panel along the property ProcessName like for example excel xlsx file mention as “EXCEL” and for txt file mention as “Notepad”
and for pdf file mention as “Acrobat”

Or we can close application activity

Cheers @AditiGandhi

1 Like

@Palaniyappan I have files of different file extension in one folder. The file are opened one after one. So i need to close the file before opening the next. The file extension can be anything.

@AditiGandhi,

Which application you are using to open the files, check for the applications in the current session of the task manager and kill those before open the next file.

@sarathi125 can you please elaborate. I mean it would be helpful if you give the synatx of processname for such scenario

@AditiGandhi,

Let me say, I have a file with extension as “.log” and I have opened it using notepad. Then in your scenario I need to kill the notepad.exe using kill process.

Hope this clear.

1 Like

@sarathi125 thank you that was useful.

@Palaniyappan
How do i mention multiple processname in a single kill process activity

1 Like

yah that’s possible
We can use GET PROCESS ACTIVITY that would give us list of process name as a output variable
Then use a for each activity and pass the above variable as input
Inside the loop use KILL PROCESS activity and mention as item.ToString in the Process Name property

Cheers @AditiGandhi

@Palaniyappan Suppose i have 4 different file extensions - TIF,JPEG,PDF and txt. Any file with one of the mentioned extension could be open. How do I close that file?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.