Click Generic Error on Click Activity

Hi! So here’s my problem, my click activities in my current project, never had this kind of error when clicking buttons. Upon checking the internet, most of the reply/reasons is because something about simulate click and sendwindow message. Here’s what my click activity’s property looks like:

I am not sure if it’s ok to leave the SendWindowsMessages to “False” and if it’s the reasons why it gives this error. BTW, my click activities are all in Simulate Click and the Wait for Ready is set to “Complete”. I hope you can help me with this. Thank you.

Hi!

Could you please upgrade the package.

Regards,
NaNi

Hi @Archie

What error are you facing is there any specific like timeout/Selector not found exception?

Regards

Error {“message”:“Click 'Logout: Click generic error.”,“level”:“Error”,
It gives this kind of error “Click Generic Error”

is there any workaround except this? I am running this on client’s Virtual machine and they have an outdated uipath.

HI @Archie

You to increase the TimeoutMS - 30 sec

Refer this thread

Regards
Gokul

Hi!

Set Wait for ready to -NONE.

Uncheck the simulate and keep AlterIfDisabled to True.

Regards,
NaNi

Isn’t 30 secs is the default timeout for all? Do I have to hardcode it to “30000”?

Thanks, I’ll try this.

H @Archie

Is due the issue that element not fully loaded for the click try using on element appear and try using the click activity or we can try with retry scope with set continue on Error property to true!

Regards

1 Like

Can you share the screenshot of the activity @Archie

Are you using inside Attach browser Activity

If yes follow the above thread for solution

Regards
Gokul

I guess this could be the reason. Some of my click activities actually encountered the same problem, I have a retry scope on it and after retrying. It somehow worked.

1 Like

For one error, yes I do. But I also have the same error on my Logout Process where I don’t use an attach browser. BTW, I don’t use indicate element on all of my Attach Window. I pass around a Browser Variable as the input, which came from the Open Brower Activity for logging in. I don’t know if this could also be the factor?

HI @Archie

These are the solutions may solve your query

• Keep a separate try catch block and see whether the subsequent element exists and then retry.
  • Have a stable selector and use Click image activity if all the environment resolutions is the same.

Regards
Gokul

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try the retry part, I already have a try-catch for them. I guess I need to put a retry scope for all of them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.