"Click" activity is not working on any browser

I have been using UiPath’s Click activity perfectly fine for a few days now. Then, I suddenly cannot use the click activity anymore. All I get are “Unspecified Errors” when trying to click on any internet browser. I am still able to click on other applications.

Here is the log:

[ERROR] [UiPath.Workflow.Logging.StudioTraceListener] [21] System.Exception: Step was not recorded successfully. —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unspecified error

at UiPath.UiNodeClass.GetSelector(Boolean refreshSel)
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.get_Selector()
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.GetFriendlyName(Boolean shortName)
at UiPath.Workflow.Wizards.ElementRecordingInfo.Init(UiElement element, UiElement topParent, Image image)
at UiPath.Workflow.Wizards.ClickControl.Init(UiElement element, UiElement topParent, Image image)
at UiPath.Workflow.Wizards.RecordingManager.InitRecordingStep(RecordingInfo recordingInfo, UiElement element, Image image)
at UiPath.Workflow.Wizards.RecordingManager.RecordStep(String wizAction)
at UiPath.Workflow.Wizards.RecordingManager.ProcessWizard(String action)
at UiPath.Workflow.ViewModels.WizardViewModel.OpenWizard(String action)

Try setting up the extentions again! :slight_smile:
First delete the extention from the browser(Mozilla/Chrome) and then add it again!
Also see if you have all required packages by ctrl+p

I used Internet Explorer initially, but since it would not work I tried it on Chrome with a fresh install of the extension, so that is most likely not the case.

What packages are required? I have already been able to use the click activity previously, but it only broke randomly today. I haven’t removed any of the packages.

I have just identified that none of the “indicate element inside browser” activities work when trying to click on browsers, but they do work on any other application. Not really sure what the problem here is.

This might be because some other application is running simultaneously.
Any recording app that might be running? If yes. Terminate that and then indicate.

I had been using screencast-o-matic. Shutting down and starting my computer again fixed this problem for the most part, but seemingly randomly the click activity is unable to capture specific web pages.
Playing around by going back in the browser and forward in the browser and reloading the page will fix it eventually, but it is still a huge pain.

Thanks