Citrix - Select from dropdown

Hi All,

I am trying to automate one citrix based process and in that I have to select from dropdown menu. But when I tried using type into to select the data from dropdown, it doesn’t work. When I try for Type into with “41”, robot first goes to “4” and the “1”, so as a end result it selects row with 1 as first character. I have tried with Computer vision - CV dropdown Select as well but still the same issue.
I have attached below image for reference.

Also after selecting from dropdown, I have select multi-items from screen window shown below. For that as well, type into is not working.
Please suggest something to achieve the automation.

Thanks.

Hi @shubham,
Are you using runtime plugin on citrix environment?

Hi @Pablito,

Sorry for late reply.
I didn’t get what exactly runtime plugin means for citrix.
To open citrix environment I am Login to Citrix web url and then opening the client applications.
Can you please guide how to check if I am using runtime plugin or not?

Thanks.

Hi @shubham

You can use Select Item Activity to achieve dropdown.

Check this post has more data related,

Thanks
Latika

Hi @Latika10011740,

Thanks for the reply.
But as I mentioned, I want to select this from Citrix Environment and Select Item activity won’t work in Citrix.
And I tried using type into to select the data from dropdown, it doesn’t work. When I try for Type into with “41”, robot first goes to “4” and the “1”, so as a end result it selects row with 1 as first character. I have tried with Computer vision - CV dropdown Select as well but still the same issue.

Even though Citrix applications looks like are opening locally they in fact are still streamed from server. This is the problem for Studio because selector are not “visible” for it as those are not part of your local system and libraries. To automate these apps Citrix Worker servers need to have special runtime plugin installed so Studio can co-operate with streamed application. Otherwise the only solution left is to use OCR/Computer Vision activities.

Hi @Pablito,

Yes I have installed run time plug-in for Citrix. But when I try to use Select Item activity directly, still it does not indicate only dropdown, it indicate complete window. And when I use CV Dropdown Select activity, it uses type into mechanism in it. When I try for “41”, robot first goes to “4” and the “1”, so as a end result it selects row with 1 as first character.

I’m not sure we understand each other. Let me clear this. You need to have two things installed. Remote runtime (on server side) and citrix plugin (on desktop side):

Ohhh Okay… Now got you.
But I won’t be able to install Remote runtime as It will require Admin access and this we are doing as POC, so client won’t allow it.
I think we’ll be left with OCR/Computer Vision activities. And both are not working as expected.
So not sure, what else I can try.

1 Like

Hey @shubham… Have you tried with any key strokes? Like click on the drop down and then drop down will be dispalyed… then by using type into/send hotkey (Down Arrows paired with Enter Key)… I think this will simplify your hurdle of selecting item…

P.S. This will work fine only when the positions are always fixed…!

1 Like

Hi @ManiPrajwal_K,

I tried with Type into already but its not working. And dropdown is dynamic based on previous step selection, so position might be changing. So I think down arrow selection will also create a problem. Still I will cross verify and see.