Chapeau, Studio Developer Team

Hello Studio Developer Team,

this weekend I built my first activity as a dotNET Core 5 library to use it in Studio 21.8 with dotNET Core Windows. In this context I saw that you have implemented the System.Activity and the Workflow Foundation class according to dotNET Core 5. Great, applause to you. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Best regards
Stefan

Thanks @StefanSchnell, I will pass your feedback to our developers.

Please let us know how this works for you and consider sharing your activities via the marketplace if you think others can benefit from your work :slight_smile:

1 Like

@alexandru

Hello Alexandru,

thank you very much for your reply. Everything works great with the libraries, some adjustments were necessary in my C# code, because of some changes between dotNET Framework 4.61 and dotNET 5 - that’s all. :grinning:

For the marketplace I opened two tickets (GSD-3954 and GSD-3955) with extension suggestions.

1. In the runtime selection is it only possible the choice between .Net Framework or .Net Core. My package allows both, .Net Framework and .Net Core. My suggestion is to change the RadioButtons into CheckBoxes, like in Code Language, so I would have the choice to decide one or both.

2. Another suggestion is to expand the selection of the runtime to three possibilities, like in your compatibility list. .Net Framework, .Net Core Windows and .Net Core Cross-platform, instead of two. On this way, as an interested party, I know exactly for which target the activity can be used.

I have therefore not yet uploaded the new versions of my packages to the marketplace. I hope to get an answer soon.

Best regards
Stefan

GSD-3955 was implemented.

Dear Stefan,

how did you integrate the nuget package System.Activities and further ones in your project?

I’m using visual studio 2019 and cannot find these in nuget package manager.
I used as package source the following link for uipath-dev so far: https://www.myget.org/F/uipath-dev/

Thanks upfront :wink:

Best,
Tino

1 Like

@tino-johannes.luettge

Hello Tino,
welcome in the UiPath Community.

I don’t use a NuGet package, I copied the current releases of the libraries from my UiPath installation into an own directory and reference to that.
:wink:

Best regards
Stefan

1 Like

Hey @StefanSchnell,

I think your answer points in the right directions. But I guess I need a little bit more navigation.
First of all have you written an activity with C# or did you used UiPath Studio Library option to build your own activity?

I like to build a custom activity with visual studio based on .Net 5.0. Therefore, I created a new Class-Library-Project based on .Net Core/.Net Standard.
To write my own Activity I have to set a reference to System.Activities in my project. I would like to use System.Activities.dll which you had mentioned before. I cannot find those dlls in UiPath either.
Where can I find these dlls?

In my option it should be possible to add all packages from Gallery | MyGet via NuGet package manger in visual studio.

Thanks upfront.

Kind regards,
Tino

Hi Tino,
I coded my activity in C#.

The path to the library depends on the selected installation option. In my case I installed UiPath Studio in my user directory, so the library is in the directory
c:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Programs\UiPath\Studio
Here you have to be careful that your Studio version is >= 21.8.

Alternatively you can download the UiPath Assistant for macOS, open it with 7-zip and extract the current dll from the path
UiPath Assistant (x64).dmg\UiPath Assistant 2022.2.0\UiPath Assistant.app\Contents\Robot

Best regards
Stefan

1 Like

Hello @StefanSchnell,

thank you. :wink: