Change Feeds Enabled By Default

Hi all! My organization recently started using Studio 2019.9.4 (as well as Orchestrator), and I noticed that the Official and Go! feeds are disabled by default for all my projects. This is expected behavior according to this documentation: Managing Activities Packages. However, it’s a bit annoying, as many of our robots use packages from one or both of those feeds, so we have to re-enable them for each project.

I was wondering if there’s a way to reconfigure these feeds to be enabled by default at the Studio level, or better yet, at the Orchestrator level. Thanks!

1 Like

I’d love to know this as well. It’s particularly annoying when I have to develop in an isolated environment and then I open it in a new environment and UiPath starts to implode because it can’t access those feeds and thinks everything is broken… I’m looking through a bunch of the settings files at the moment hoping to find something, but nothing yet…

We used to have a behavior where all feeds except Local and Orchestrator would be automatically disabled when connecting to Orchestrator. The reasoning was to promote internal / customer feeds. This behavior has been removed in 20.4 after we introduced Governance Policy support. With Governance Policy you can control which feeds are enabled across the entire company. Even without a policy setup, feeds will no longer be disabled after connecting to Orchestrator.

1 Like

Awesome, very excited for that update. A lot of times it’s the little things that save us from the headaches!

1 Like