Certification practical exam task - with or without orchestrator?

Hi,

So i’m trying my chance at certification and i have a question regarding the following constraint. I’m dumbing down the question so i don’t spoil the task. Here’s the line:

1. TransactionItem datatype should be a String. The process should recover and retry in case of errors in navigation between WorkItems page.

The template for REFramework uses GetTransactionData.xaml which reads QueueName from Config.xlsx and sets it to out_TransactionItem as QueuItem.

So this means i need to create a queue on Orchestrator, write it’s name to Config.xlsx and somehow change TransactionItem type from QueuItem to String type as well? How’s that supposed to work? If i set my TransactionItem type to string, the Get Transaction Item task fails.

Thanks in advance,

If its says that transaction item should be String so there is no use of Orchestrator.

2 Likes

Hi @Benoni,

• “Queues” concept(store data) is apart of “Orchestrator”. But, with Orchestrator you can store you credentials in “assests”, you can schedule your bot, you can trigger your bot, and you can even create folder to store your files.
  • If you store data in excel then you can change datatype of “TransactionItem” from “QueuesItem” to “DataRow”.
  • We can work even without “REFramework” much more elegantly, but to know why we do require REFramework just go through this notes,
  1. The​ ​framework​ ​is​ ​meant​ ​to​ ​be​ ​a​ ​template​ ​that​ ​helps​ ​the​ ​user​ ​design​ ​processes​ ​that​ ​offer,​ ​at​ ​a barebones​ ​minimum,​ ​a​ ​way​ ​to​ ​store,​ ​read,​ ​and​ ​easily​ ​modify​ ​project​ ​configuration​ ​data,​ ​a​ ​robust exception​ ​handling​ ​scheme​ ​and​ ​event​ ​logging​ ​for​ ​all​ ​exceptions​ ​and​ ​relevant​ ​transaction information.

2. Because​ ​logs​ ​generated​ ​by​ ​each​ ​process​ ​are​ ​a​ ​vital​ ​component​ ​of​ ​its​ ​report​ ​generation,​ ​the framework​ ​logs​ ​messages​ ​at​ ​each​ ​relevant​ ​step​ ​toward​ ​solving​ ​a​ ​business​ ​transaction​ ​and sends​ ​those​ ​logs​ ​to​ ​the​ ​​Orchestrator ​server ​ .​ ​This​ ​is​ ​turn​ ​can​ ​be​ ​connected​ ​to​ ​the​ ​​ELK stack (Elasticsearch,logstash, kibana platform) ​ ​ ​which​ ​enables​ ​data​ ​storage​ ​and​ ​countless​ ​ways​ ​of representing​ ​the​ ​data.

3. When​ ​we​ ​build​ ​tools,​ ​we​ ​try​ ​to​ ​first​ ​define​ ​their​ ​purpose​ ​and,​ ​in​ ​this​ ​scenario,​ ​the​ ​purpose​ ​of​ ​our framework​ ​is​ ​to​ ​solve​ ​a​ ​collection​ ​of​ ​business​ ​transactions.​ ​Notice​ ​i​ ​did​ ​not​ ​write​ ​business process,​ ​as​ ​all​ ​but​ ​the​ ​most​ ​simple​ ​business​ ​processes​ ​are​ ​typically​ ​composed​ ​of​ ​multiple, distinct​ ​in​ ​scope​ ​and​ ​in​ ​purpose,​ ​collections​ ​of​ ​business​ ​transactions.​ ​Thus,​ ​let​ ​us​ ​henceforth call​ ​such​ ​a​ ​collection​ ​of​ ​relatable​ ​business​ ​transactions​ ​a​ ​​business ​ process ​component ​ ,​ ​a​ ​part of​ ​a​ ​complete​ ​business​ ​process.

4. Thus,​ ​we​ ​could​ ​define​ ​a​ ​business​ ​process​ ​component​ ​as​ ​the​ ​sum​ ​of​ ​actions​ ​by​ ​which​ ​the​ ​data needed​ ​for​ ​a​ ​set​ ​of​ ​transactions​ ​is​ ​obtained,​ ​processed,​ ​and​ ​is​ ​input​ ​into​ ​or​ ​out​ ​of​ ​an​ ​​IT resource ​ .

5. Such​ ​a​ ​component​ ​needs​ ​to​ ​be​ ​easily​ ​deployed​ ​to​ ​the​ ​machines​ ​it​ ​will​ ​run​ ​on​ ​(Orchestrator server​ ​maintains​ ​versioning​ ​and​ ​easy​ ​deployment​ ​across​ ​all​ ​runtime​ ​machines),​ ​needs​ ​to​ ​be scalable​ ​and​ ​needs​ ​to​ ​be​ ​able​ ​to​ ​communicate​ ​it’s​ ​output​ ​data​ ​with​ ​external​ ​mediums​ ​so​ ​that other​ ​components​ ​of​ ​the​ ​business​ ​process​ ​may​ ​pick​ ​up​ ​the​ ​work​ ​where​ ​it​ ​left​ ​off.​ ​Such​ ​a medium​ ​could​ ​be​ ​a​ ​shared​ ​folder,​ ​a​ ​data​ ​server,​ ​ftp​ ​server,​ ​email,​ ​Orchestrator​ ​server​ ​queue e.t.c.

Thank,
Vish

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.