Capturing the element issue

Hi,
I want to capture this wrong credential pop-up, But this is visible on the screen for 1-2 sec, when we capture it automatically disappears from the screen, can you please suggest me how can I capture it. It’s not giving time to me capture it, It suddenly disappears.

Note - If you keep the cursor on it, it will visible on the screen, once you move the cursor from this popup, suddenly it’s removed.

@Palaniyappan @Lahiru.Fernando

1 Like

did IMAGE EXISTS activity helped us on this
or we can take the screenshot immediately with a simple TAKE SCREENSHOT activity without any selector and save that image
–then use START PROCESS ACTIVITY to open that image and we can check with that image

Cheers @balkishan

2 Likes

Hi @balkishan

Use Mouse Hover Activity and use hover text activity

Thanks
Ashwin S

Hello @balkishan

I think the approach @Palaniyappan is suggesting is more reliable in this case… :slight_smile:

Because we have a static image that we can check on… in the screenshot, we can see whether that specific element is there or not

1 Like

Hi Palani and Lahiru, Heard it first time, But how to do with this, would it be possible to write down the steps, you want me to giving the wrong credentials, after Login activity use the Take Screenshot activity is it ? How ?
@Lahiru.Fernando

1 Like

yes like this
–once after logging in useTAKE SCREENSHOT activity and SAVE IMAGE activity like this

–then use START PROCESS activity and pass that file path of image mentioned in SAVE IMAGE activity so that it will open that image in FOREGROUND
–then use IMAGE EXISTS ACTIVITY so that we can confirm that image occured or not

Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

Hi understood, but lil confused also.

Like in Take Screen Shot activity, do we need to capture the particular screen, where it’s showing the wrong username/password. Or Automatically it will take the screenshot of the page.

1. In the start process in the first field I can the Image path, so in second field what I have to give.

I want the True/False boolean value of the start process. ? Will it give the boolean value.

1 Like

the place before where we will getting that image so that whether that mage occurs or not let the screenshot be taken
any how we are going to validate that with IMAGE EXISTS after START PROCESS activity

Till this is enough buddy
we dont need to mention any arguments in that field

No start process wont but we can use IMAGE EXISTS activity
that is start process will open the image to the foreground and this image exists activity will check for that image and if its there then it will give us a boolean output

hope this would help you
Cheers @balkishan

Hi Palani, is there any different method from this.

Actually the when we click on the Login button, the image is visible for 3-4 second. I have used the element Exist. But it gives me the False result. If the Invalid username & Password screen visible it should give me True result. But it gives me False result. Please suggest .

Below is the screenshot.
when robo insert the wrong credentials, this popup message came for 3-4 second. I already used the Element Exist Activity for this. But it gives me the False result. Even this popup came after putting the wrong credentials.

@Palaniyappan @Lahiru.Fernando

1 Like

Or let’s do one thing
Let’s choose a element form the page after getting logged in
That is from the next page after login choose a element using ON ELEMENT APPEAR activity so that once after element appears it will process with activities mentioned inside it do container

Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

This popup shown on the same Login page bro in the top right corner.
It’s visible only for 2-3 second after that dissapear.

@Palaniyappan

Fine
Let me explain in a brief way
As you say we are not able to capture or find the image for a longer time that too jot more than 2-4 seconds
—so in that case we can’t rely on that image or element
—what we want is to ensure that if that image appears it means that login has failed or its successful
—so rather choosing that element or image to validate our login status we can choose the element that appears after login in
—either using same element exists or image exists or on element appear or on image appear (if we want to continue when element or image appears)
We can choose the element or image we want so that if it occurs we can continue or if that activity fails it will give us activity timeout error
So in that case we can keep these sequence in the try block for safer side and if the above mentioned activities fail it will go to CATCh H block

Cheers @balkishan

1 Like

Thanks a lot Palani :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.