Error 0x8002000A (DISP_E_OVERFLOW) on Excel read range

Here I encounter an issue while I’m trying to use read range for an excel sheet that created by Robot in previous steps, it contains around 31k records which columns from A-BE. It was created using Write Range as mentions, so that means our datatable will be able to contain so many records.

But here is my test results:
A1:BE31000, Error
A1: BE5343, Error
A1: BE5342, OK
A1: O5343, Error
A1: N5343, OK
A1: N31000, OK
To Ensure this is not an issue with data in the excel, I replaced all the data from 5343 with row 5342. the result is same.

UiPath guys please take a look, is there any limitation on the read range?

Hello @liyingjun

Welcome to the community…

In your screenshot of the error, can you get another screenshot of the same error, but make sure you expand the details part of it. That contains more info about the error. That would be really helpful in identifying the problem

Hi
Welcome to uipath
Make sure that Read Range is kept inside EXCEL APPLICATION SCOPE activity
That is if we have the excel application installed we can and it is reliable to use excel application scope activity which can include Read Range activity rather using workbook activities
From exc related READ RANGE activity we can read it
Kindly try this and let know for any queries
Or if you are already using excel application scope activity then we need to check with the exception message for the reason but this can be resolved

Cheers @liyingjun

here I copied the details of the error as below:
RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Excel.ExcelException: 超出当前范围。 (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002000A (DISP_E_OVERFLOW)) —> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: 超出当前范围。 (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002000A (DISP_E_OVERFLOW))
at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32 aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Range.get_Value(Object RangeValueDataType)
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.ExtractRangeTo2DArray(Range range, Boolean preserveFormat)
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.ReadRange(String range, Boolean preserveFormat, Boolean& isWholeRange)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelInteropActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

1 Like

Thanks for the advice Palan. If you read clearly about my post, I stated that it works within the range A1:BE5342, and all the ranges from AtoN. I did use read range during the application scope

Issue Resolved. Error Due to Excel setting of cell format

2 Likes

Hi @liyingjun ,

Could you please tell me, What kind of cell format issue did you find in your workflow?
Because i am having the same problem as yours but not able to figure it out why?

Thanks for help…

Sry for didn’t reply for quite some time. this is due to excel sometime will try to convert a number e.g. 20190019020 to date format, and if failed it will display as xxxxxxxxx(infinited long), and read range will encounter error when read this. After that I changed whole excel format to text the issue was resolved

6 Likes

Hi,
I have faced the same issue while reading an excel where there is a column with date in custom format(“dd-MMM-yy”) but on clicking that cell, the date format will be (“dd/mm/yy”).

solution for this issue is, changing the date column from custom to text.

But,
Is there any way to find out in which cell or column or row the format mismatch is there.
i mean i just need to get a message box ,stating the column ID of the cell with the mismatch.

Thanks,
Dasharath ND

1 Like

Hi liyingjun,

I am facing the exact same issue, can you suggest how you resolved it.

Thanks in advance

Hi Dasharath,

What you can do is to read the range cell by cell (and keep a track with a counter of where you are) in a cylce but that would take much longer.

Let me know if my advice helped you.

Regards!

Hi ,

How to read range from A1:Z5000 from an excel?
Below error is displayed.

Could you please describe what changes you had done in EXCEL or properties of excel

The issue is due to an cell format which isn’t matching with the other cells in the same column.

For example in Column C the data is of type General, and in few of the cells you have changed the Cell format to Date.

Change the format of all cells of a column to same type and issue will be resolved.