Can't Create new Service?

Hi All,

Been trying to connect an API to a UiPath Studio Library and it doesn’t seem possible for me. I need to connect the API to an openText server and although I can connect to the WSDL file, when I try to save it I get the following error (Refer to picture below)? I have also tried SOAP client and when I run I get the following Errors below? Something about getting a xml response back vs a html? How can I change it so I don’t get this error? I planned to invoke some C# code to fetch and upload files within the openText folder with uiPath without having to do simulated clicks and such, but don’t know how to resolve these issues as UiPath doesn’t provide anything except “Selected Activities could not be compiled”.

RemoteException wrapping System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. —> RemoteException wrapping System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: The content type text/html; charset=UTF-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder,
be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 1024 bytes of the response were: '#content

Thanks,
Jeff

I dont think i fully understand what you explain here, are you trying to create a custom activity to include in an uipath project, and inside it you are trying to reach some api, or are you trying to create a service inside a library?

I am actually facing the same exact issue and so far I’m clueless…

I ended up having to install visual studio and use the .NET Web Service Reference to import and generate the code, and I developed my own C# code that calls the services I need and configured the input/outputs needed for the services I need and exported as a .nupkg and then imported it into uipath as a custom activity and it worked for what I needed. Didn’t have any luck with Uipaths integration. I believe it is because of the service I needed uses HTTPS calls and the limited flexibility of Uipath prevented me from getting through anything so I recommend going full flexibility route with

1 Like