Can't Community Edition User Create Unattended Robot in Orchestrator?

Can’t Community Edition User Create Unattended Robot in Orchestrator?

1 Like

@kashyapvyas

Community Edition won’t support back ground automation.

1 Like

Buddy @kashyapvyas

Buddy you will be given a maximum of only two developer users in community edition buddy, beyond that you cannot create any users with developer role buddy

Cheers

My colleague downloaded 60 day trial version for Enterprise Edition, and when he created a new Account/Tenant in Orchestrator with same Email ID registered while having Enterprise Edition, Orchestrator License screen displays Community License for him and available 2 development robots only.

What we are missing here? Please help.

1 Like

Hi @kashyapvyas

In Orchestrator community edition, you can only create developer robots. You can create up to two developer robots. These developer robots are in a way attended robots. However, if you want to create unattended robots, then you will need to upgrade your license to enterprise because community does not allow to create unattended robots.

Is the email address associated with a community edition account? If you are having a community edition associated with that registered email, i think it could run into a problem… @lakshman, correct me if I’m wrong about this point…

5 Likes

@Palaniyappan and @Lahiru.Fernando , can you please help me in my below thread?

1 Like

Hi @kashyapvyas,

@Lahiru.Fernando is on point :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@lakshman

Based on your comment it conclude like, i am unable to do what i want in below thread using Community Edition license, Am i Right? Please correct me if i am wrong.

2 Likes

@Lahiru.Fernando

yes you are correct.

2 Likes

@Lahiru.Fernando

NO, my colleague Email is associated with the Enterprise Edition (means when we registered for Enterprise Edition, we gave this Email ID while downloading it)

We use same Email when downloading/register Ui Path Studio Enterprise and when create new Tenant/Account on Orchestrator. Don’t they are inter-connected?

1 Like

@kashyapvyas

Yes, Community Edition won’t work when screen got locked or screen is not in fore-ground.

1 Like

@lakshman

Which automation are we called as back ground automation?

As we are running a robot deployed on specific machine using Orchestrator to run something without human intervention, is it called background automation?

1 Like

@kashyapvyas

Back ground automation is nothing but we will run our process under locked screen or in back ground. For this we need Unattended type of License and Orchestrator.

1 Like

@lakshman
@Palaniyappan
@Lahiru.Fernando

My Use Case:

I want to run one desktop application (.exe) file on remote computer, once run, i need to enter employee ID in text box, click on login button, and search data based on filter available, it creates one text file, and then i have to email that text file, I am Done.

Do i need Unattended Robot or Development Robot?

Note:

1. Robot is already deployed and available successfully on remote computer and connected with Orchestrator.
  2. These whole flow is running perfectly on remote computer but through DEBUG MODE from Ui Path Studio
2 Likes

FIne buddy @kashyapvyas
before getting to this i would like to make it clear with unattended and development robots difference

so taking your orchestrator version into consideration, you can take development robot
simple buddy,

for more info

Cheers buddy @kashyapvyas

@Palaniyappan

Do i need Unattended Robot or Development Robot?

Can you please make me more clear and confident by saying YES or NO.

2 Likes

YES
go for development robot buddy
Cheers @kashyapvyas

but i would like to make you clear with what is the difference between development and unattended robot

thats why
dont mistake buddy @kashyapvyas
Cheers

any issues still buddy @kashyapvyas

@Palaniyappan

I am so sorry for this confusion. sorry.

Do i need Unattended Robot or Development Robot for my Use Case?

2 Likes