Cannot Find Excel add-in to install!

Hi, I just installed StudioX and was following the first tutorial. However, I am unable to even find the Excel add-in, let alone be the issues while installing that I have been finding on the forum.
I went to Tools and while clicking on Excel add-in, I get the message, “The system cannot find the file specified” as follows -

And this what I found on Details -

Error: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupExtensionsService.d__8.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupExtensionsService.d__7.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.ToolsPageViewModel.d__34.MoveNext(), HResult -2147467259

Please help out with the issue so that I could continue with the tutorial?

Any antivirus or policy that could have deleted your installation file?
check for : [user_folder]\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-20.4.0-beta0825\UiPath*OfficeAddInSetup.ps1* file

1 Like

I found the file at your specified path… I tried running the file but again got the following error message -

You need to run the powershell script with some parameters.
Please pass the following parameters:
-StudioPath c:\Users\KarthikRajangam\AppData\Local\UiPath\app-20.4.0-beta0718 -RepairOnly false -Remove false

1 Like

Hi, I tried passing those parameters in the following way and none of them worked.

I know I might be asking something basic regarding PowerShell, but could you please help me out by specifying how exactly I need to pass them? I need to continue with the tutorial and this has kept me stuck.

Also tried in the following way -

Did you solve this issue?