Error when installing Excel addon

Hi there,

I have seen people having this problem earlier as well, but possible solutions showing up when googling doesn’t help in my case.

I’m trying to install Excel addon with StudioX. I just get an error message with the following log:

20.4.3 Installation failed. Please check the execution logs Error: UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupException: Installation failed. Please check the execution logs at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupExtensionsService.GetDriverResponse(String receivedData) at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupExtensionsService.d__8.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Shell.SetupExtensions.SetupExtensionsService.d__7.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.ToolsPageViewModel.d__34.MoveNext(), HResult -2146233088

Disabling antivirus doesn’t help. Neither does reinstalling Office.

I am on a freshly installed pc, win10 enterprise w/ office 365.

Anyone have any idea? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Can you please send us the logs :slight_smile:

Regarding logs, they are usually found in %localappdata%/UiPath/Logs and

• Studio.log – gives us information on how the Studio started or if it was able to load all the correct libs.
  • Execution.log – gives us information on what happens after you click the run button
  • UiPath.ExcelAddIn.log – gives us information on how the plugin interacted with Excel ( will not be present if the Add-In failed to install )
  • ExcelAddIn_Install.log – gives us information on the issues encountered during the Excel plugin installation ( in this particular case it’s the most important )

As a warning you might not be able to upload them to the forum since you are a new user :slight_smile: but since we live in the technology century I’m sure we could make some arrangements ( dragos.suma@uipath.com :wink: )

Regards,
Dragos.

Thanks for quick response Dragos.
There is only one logfile, studio.log. I have sent it to you. And since ExcelAddIn_Install.log is not present, maybe that is an indication?

Hm. I don’t know what has happened here… But it seems the xls integration works now…
The error when trying to install the xls plugin has been present all along, but when trying to integrate with an excel file it does actually work. So it seems it is actually just a false error message…
Anyway it works, this post can be deleted.

Hello,

Can you please elaborate on the following : But it seems the xls integration works now . I’m asking this because the plugin only comes into play when you try to use the indicate in excel option. If for example you use a write cell activity then we use the COM interface to query excel and provide defined cell / table / named range etc as a placeholder at design time. The fact that the ExcelAddIn_Install.log is not present and you get an error kinda indicates that something is fishy on your set-up :slight_smile:

Regards,

Dragos.

Sorry for the confusion😊 And thanks for following up on me😊

I was struggling quite a bit to get it working, and in that process I actually deleted the logfiles as I thought I would get some fresh logs for you to look at instead of logfiles containing all other stuff I’d been doing for the last few hours. It still throws the same error if I click the install procedure, but the ExcelAddIn_Install.log file isn’t generated again (probably because the extension is already there???).

Logs present is Analyzer_Studio.log, Execution.log, Studio.log.

Basically the “Install excel extension”-option has been throwing the same error all along. But even though it has, it must somehow have managed to get the extension in place after all. Because when I made a small automation that involved copying text from and writing back into an xls file, the automation worked.

I don’t quite know what has happened here, I’m too fresh with the sw, but it looks to me that UIPath has thrown an error it shouldn’t have. (And still does if I try to click the install extension option again.) Duet this error I didn’t actually try to use excel functionality, I just assumed it would not work. But at some point I tried using excel functionality and found it actually did work, in spite of the error message.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.