Can we input a variable to the Type into activity

I need to type in a value in a empty field where the value is changing everytime, is it possible that the Type into activity takes in a variable…

@kartik_sareen

Yes, you can use “Type into Activity” and check the empty field properties.

Empty field properties use to type the value for dynamic changing every time and remove the previous value.

Hope it helps.Otherwise let me know with more details.

Thanks,
Pradeep Sridharan

Actually the value for count will change everytime so if I put “count” in double quotes will it take the value of count ? value of count is an integer coming from another workflow

CountVariable.tostring

1 Like

If you want to put a variable inside a type into , it should be without quotes, otherwise you will write count (always same value) and this is not the meaning of a variable .
assign activity =>>> count = what it is changing all the time.
Regards

Thank…but the problem is that Type into activity accepts values only in quotes. so if I put count.ToString , will it accpe the value of count which is dynamic.

Yes it will.
You are converting the Integer Datatype to String

Yes it will.
You are converting the Integer Datatype to String

Thanks a lot…will try

That is not true, it accepts variables (without quotes) Ypu can check out here.
Main.xaml (6.8 KB)

There is a difference between generic data type, Integer Data type and String data type.
Here Count is integer . hences need to convert it into String .

1 Like

correct. moreover the value is not fixed what has been assigned to count in the flow.
It would be dynamic.

This should help you, if you have any problem be more specific which what u want
Main.xaml (8.9 KB)

Numbers.xlsx (8.2 KB)

Main is reading numbers from xlsx file