Bulk Uploading Queue Items with Reference & Deadline

Hi all,

Currently I am using the Bulk Add Queue Items activity to upload the queue items, I have successfully added a Reference & Deadline to the Datatable with will be uploaded. However, only the reference is getting picked up by the orchestrator and not the deadline. It is as if the orchestrator thinks it is a Specific Data Custom Field.

I am following this webpage: About Queues and Transactions (uipath.com)

The header of the column is “Deadline” and the dates are in the formate “yyyy/MM/dd” like the webpage says, however they are not recognised as a Deadline and end up in the Specific Content.
TransactionDeadline-InSpecificContext
TransactionDeadline-ColumnName

How do I solve this problem?

1 Like

Hi @CasparM
Can you try by changing the deadline type to Date instead of String

Hi, Thanks for the reply Harika.
However when I do that, it juist puts the string value in the Specific content like this:

TransactionDeadline-InSpecificContext_2

Kind regards,
Caspar

Still no solution has been found.

Hi @CasparM I see the date has been updated in Queue item, Can you please make me understand what is expected?

Hi @Harika_Mudiam, what is expected is that the deadline is the actual deadline of the QueueItem and not in the Specific Content.
As you can see the deadline is not shown here in the overview:

I expected there to see the deadline as this webpage describes should happen: About Queues and Transactions

Kind regards & thank you for helping,
Caspar

Hi Everyone,

Still haven’t been able to solve this problem for adding a deadline while Bulk uploading queue items.

Kind regards,
Caspar

@loginerror Any idea on this? Even i am facing the same issue. if the same csv is uploaded directly to queue the deadline gets added but if the same is read as data table and uploaded using bulk add queue items activity deadline is not getting captured

Hi @rahul.lakshmanan

Does it also happen on the latest version of the System activity package?

Hi Maciej,

I tried to find more about this issue and have setup the scenario and sadly I had the same issue as others. This happens not only for Deadline as @CasparM and @rahul.lakshmanan found, but this also happens to Postpone field.

  • System Activity package version 20.10.6 has this issue as well.

  • I am attaching the .xaml file for your reference.

  • In orchestrator : 2020.4.3
    image

  • .XAML For debugging
    BulkAddToQueue.xaml (8.5 KB)

1 Like

Indeed, it looks like we have this bug already registered. The UI tells the wrong story.
For now, please use:
DueDate instead of Deadline
and
DeferDate instead of Postpone
It should work then :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds like it. It works. Good to know about this UI bug.

I found this documentation now: Postpone Transaction Item (uipath.com)

Which says use:
OLD — New
DueDate = Deadline
DeferDate = Postpone

In summary:
The orchestrator UI was updated with Deadline and Postpone as headers. Studio does its job, but orchestartor has no idea as it parses the incoming table looking for the old header names DueDate and DeferDate in the Bulk Add to Queue activity.

Simply put, the bug forces Orchestrator to look for wrong header strings.

Updated xaml: BulkAddToQueue.xaml (9.3 KB)

image

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This issue should be fixed in the latest 2022.2 version.