Box activities in Studio desktop not working

Hello UiPath team,
Box activities in Studio are not working after March release.
Ticket to support has been raised but no response.
Multiple automations affected across organization.
Studio Web is updated to handle the new release but no new package version for Box in Studio desktop.

Current Box activities version: 4.0.3

“Get Folder Items” activity not getting items.

Activities - Release notes (uipath.com)

Thank you.

How? Did you upgrade all those automations to the new package version? If so, why? Typically you shouldn’t upgrade an automation that’s working.

@Juan_Felipe_Carvajal The new Box release will appear under the ‘Available’ dropdown in the Activity Pane within Studio Desktop as it is a Dynamic Activity Pack, which is just a fancy internal way of saying that you no longer have to manage package versions manually. The most up-to-date package will automatically be represented in the activity pane OR will maintain the older version if it is a workflow that is already published/in-use.

With that being said, the legacy Box package that you access via ‘Manage Packages’ should still be working just fine. Have you reached out to support/filed a ticket? That legacy release is prod/GA so it is 100% supported.

It was not updated, current activities stop working after UiPath release.

I can’t see “Dynamic Activity Pack”

Studio version: 2022.4.9

Project compatibility: Windows

Dependencies:

@Juan_Felipe_Carvajal I am using the same package (albeit I’m on 23.12 Studio Windows), and I’m able to get the activities in Box 4.0.3 to work successfully. I am getting blank responses for the ‘Get Folder Items’ and ‘Get File Info’ activities which I’m looking into, but other activities like Copy work fine. I will file a ticket to look into this. Can you also please copy your support ticket and send?

Here is where the Dynamic Activity Packs reside (please use these moving forward as they will have the latest updates):

That’s not possible. Just because UiPath released a new version, your projects are still using the old version unless you upgrade the project and republish it.

If all your Box automations are suddenly affected then you should look for a common root cause such as a network change, firewall change, Box change, etc.

I honestly don’t think this is a very good idea. Steady-state is an important part of managing an IT infrastructure including automation systems. We have standards as to what versions we use, change management to go through, etc. - we don’t just willy-nilly use whatever is the latest version. And of course we are an on-premise customer so we only upgrade Studio/Robot/Orchestrator once a year at most (it’s a painful process). Seems like the dynamic packages could cause it to try to use a package version that’s not compatible with our version of Studio.

We also recently ran into an issue with the latest version of a package and had to use an older one. It broke an important compliance related automation. This is why all of the above matter.

Having UiPath change versions without our knowledge is very risky. I hope there is a way to turn dynamic packges off.

My guess according to release notes is UiPath updated the internal endpoints, so activities stop working as expected because backend changed even if activities are the same.

Yes, we tested other activities too and they working as expected, but Get Folder Items is not.
Our Studio version is not the latest one and we have an internal process and rules to software updates.
Does it mean we can’t handle this new Box release with our current studio desktop version?

Integration Service Connectors and activities are not available on-prem. The classic activity packs (which are not being discussed in this thread afaik) will continue to work and be supported as usual. Backwards compatibility will be maintained whether IS or classic and customers will be made aware of breaking changes well ahead of time.

1 Like

@Scott_Schoenberger
Release notes have been updated today and it looks like we are forced to update Studio desktop version to 2023.10 or we can’t use Box integration anymore.

This goes against our internal maintenance policies and affects multiple automations in production at once using Box.

P.S. We have tested the “Get Folder Items” using the dynamic activities in 2023.10 Studio and it’s working as expected (returning folder items).

@Juan_Felipe_Carvajal we have a bug filed for the ‘Get Folder Items’ activity in the 4.0.3 activity pack. @Roxana_Irinei and the support team are aware and following.

You should be able to continue using the 4.0.3 version if that’s what you were using on your Studio Desktop before the March 2024 release which was ONLY for the dynamic activity pack. That has the Studio Desktop version of 2023.10. It is also where we will be regularly adding updates/new features so I would strongly encourage you to take advantage of those there. You are more than welcome to stay on 4.0.3 or any other legacy version should you choose, however.

1 Like

@Scott_Schoenberger
Understood, please let me know if you get news for the bug, like I said, there are multiple automations affected and upgrading to the latest Studio version can’t be done in the short term for us.

Thank you very much for the assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.