Automation Developer vs Attended Robot (Flex licenses)

Hi everybody,

Today I found a client who wants to have a option of an environment where they can have just an automation developer flex license to develop their processes and also run their processes from the assistant after publishing it with the same lincense.

They’ve heared that with this license you can run processes as an attended robot.

This information had me confused so I talked with support and they told me that Automation Developer is just a tool and the attended is a robot. So I end it up more confused.

I’ve tried to find information about this but the latest is from 2018 and the licenses had been changed a lot from that moment:
Development robot License vs Attended robot license - Help - UiPath Community Forum

So… Could anybody enlight us with clarity about what to say when a client come with this kind of scenario? it is really possible to run automations throught the assistant just with the automation developer lincense? why or why not?

In my knowledge is 2018 version’s link, but just in case something has changed please comment…

@KevinDS

Ideally we can run the bot…we are not supposed to do like that…but running is possible

As when you develop a bot you have access to both studio and assistant…

So once developed you can just run the bot from assistant and use it…but as per licenses it is not recommended

Generally it is like developer would be separate and the person who uses automation is separate if they want to develop and run on same they can

Cheers

1 Like