Attended Robots - Documentation

Hey All,

Getting ready to start development for an attended robot. Before getting started I was wondering if there is any documentation on Attended Robot Developments Best Practices?

Thanks!

We have documentation for that

3 Likes

Hi buddy
Not sure this would have COMPLETELY met your need but would help you a lot
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.uipath.com/blog/unattended-attended-automation%3Fhs_amp%3Dtrue

Cheers @Jarzzz

3 Likes

@Palaniyappan @HareeshMR

Thanks for the links. Reading through them now. Will report back.

2 Likes

Cheers @Jarzzz

1 Like

@HareeshMR @Palaniyappan

Both documents were insightful. Question… The video found in HareeshMR’s link is a good example of an attended robot in action (Reduce the Loan Reconciliation process from hours to minutes with Attended Automation - YouTube). Do we have any training in the Academy for this?

1 Like

I hope we don’t have in specific for attended robots as it a type that we choose upon when we are creating a process
More or less both unattended and attended has same set of activities right
Cheers @Jarzzz

1 Like

True. I guess I just need to determine how it should be developed.

When going back to the user for the “Attended” portion. Is a “Message Box” activity the best way to go about the attended portion? Do you have an activity you typically use?

1 Like

Yah of course and message box is a way to show the user a prompt message kind of output and sometimes it can also be taken as a input like it has got Yes/No option and many other where based on that input we can go ahead with the process execution
And we have got a lot to be used in Attended bot
—Input dialog box activity
—Callout activity - similar to message box but can close automatically after specified time
—Forms
—key triggers - like if some one press a key it triggers the process

Cheers @Jarzzz

1 Like

This is a great place to start! Thank you!

One last questions. Do you recommend using any specific Manged Packages for Attended robots (regardless of process)?

1 Like

Hmm can I have an example of your need
Cheers @Jarzzz

Actually, let me tackle what you mentioned above and see what can be done

Thanks @Palaniyappan
Thanks @HareeshMR

:handshake: :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Awesome
Cheers @Jarzzz

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.