Attended Bot in VM w/Locked Screen

I’ve got an interesting question from a client we are developing for. The ask from our client is if they can run an attended bot in a VM environment and the bot is still able to run if the user locks their desktop, but not the VM.

I’ve done some searching but haven’t found this exact issue out there. I know attended bots don’t work when the screen gets locked, but by my understanding, its if the screen locks on the machine it is running on, not necessarily the user’s machine that connected to the VM where the bot is deployed.

I’ve also tried utilizing our VM’s, but we don’t have an attended bot set up on a VM to experiment with.

So the main 2 questions: 1) can anyone confirm whether or not there would be an issue if the user’s desktop screen was locked, but not the VM where the bot is deployed. 2) Does this sound like a better case for a locally licensed unattended bot? The client is new to RPA and not ready to dive in fully with Orchestrator.

Thank you for your help!!

5 Likes

@thiyagarajanb this seems to be interesting have a look on this,

1 Like

Can anyone from UIPath answer this question please?

Does Attended bot work with locked screen in below cases?

1. Desktop?
  2. Virtual machine

Thanks
Canh

1 Like

NO Attended bot won’t work on desktop under locked condition.

4 Likes

What about if an Attended bot is running on a Virtual Machine and the desktop accessing the VM locks its screen?

1 Like

I haven’t tried this sorry…

1 Like

@amphillips I’m facing the same issue. How did you solved this issue?

Best Regards,
Vrushali

Have anyone tried the option with the virtual machine?
I also need to know and I don’t have attended license on our VM.