Hi everyone, i’d like to share my new custom activity. Feel free to use it and ask any questions
This activity is useful for scenarios where you need to know the corresponding Excel row number of each row in a DataTable.
Starting row number (Integer) - e.g. if the table in Excel starts at row 3, then the starting row number is equal to 3, the second item will = 4 and so on.
Name of the column (String) - This is how you will refer to the column e.g. if name = “Row Number” , then you refer by row (“Row Number”).
Contains 1 activity: Append Row Number column
- DataTable - input DataTable which will be outputted with row number column appended.
Example use cases
- Highlight rows in Excel where condition is met (see image / user manual for how this is done with this activity).
- Delete specific rows that meet condition.
- For example we have an excel file
- We read it using read range to variable called “dt”
- Call append row number column
Highlighting rows that meet conditions example