API - DeSerialize JSON -UiPath Studio

Hi,

I have been seen in older videos of UiPath, it’s saying after using DeSerialize JSON Activity and converting string into JSON type. If we want to see the data into the JSON Variable , Then if we just put simply in message box JSONObjVariable(“ObjectName”). It will showup the value.

But in Recent version, I ca’t able to do so. If i do the same, It’s showing “Option Strict on disallows llate binding”. What is the issue. Please help?

@Salman_Faries
Did you try like this

jsonObjVariable(“ObjectName”).ToString()

1 Like

Hi @Salman_Faries

jsonObject(“ObjectName”).ToString()

Hope it helps!!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply guys. I tried it, But it still shows the same error! (Not Working)

@Salman_Faries
May i know what is the error displaying
send a ss if possible

Hi @Salman_Faries

Try this

JSONObjVariable.GetValue(“ObjectName”).ToString()

I hope it works!!

@Salman_Faries

did you try this?

@Salman_Faries

Just one more check to do …in the deserialize json activity check if the type argument is set to jObject…if not set it to Jobject…then it should be working

Cheers

Will you please say, to set jobject. What is the exact type i need to give?

No, It is not working

Attaching ScreenShot here,

@Salman_Faries

You see object beside type argument…then click on it and select browse for type and then search for Jobject and select it

Cheers

@Salman_Faries

Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Jobject

1 Like

I Even set it like that. But still showing error! Please help!

@Salman_Faries

Once try delete message box and give it again and once show your variable types

I retried it!

@Salman_Faries

See your vObjCityDetails variable type not changed

Please give Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Jobject

1 Like

@Salman_Faries

Once delete the variable and again give it

Hey - Thank you so much for your help. Shall i know why we need to change datatype, In youtube videos, i can see that they have object as datatype. Is this changed due to version issues?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.