After Update to 2018.4 error during starting a job from Orchestrator

Hi community,

after upgrading my UiPath architecture from 2018.2.3 to 2018.4.1 I’m dealing with an fundamental error in starting a job from orchestrator. Doing this I can see the information “Waiting for execution to start…” in the jobdetails, however exactly after 1m5s i getting always the error:

Could not start executor. The wait operation timed out. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070102)

Other logs seemed not to be available. I upgraded all, studio, robot and orchestrator and I deployed the process with the new studio. Before the upgrade all worked fine!

When I am already logged into the virtual machine with the dedicated robot account, starting the job is successfull, however this is not even a workaround for me.

Things which I already tried:

• double checking whether robot service is running
  • delete robot and machine from orchestrator and create them again
  • increase rdp timeout value with environment variable
  • different versions of .Net (4.6.1 and 4.7.2)
  • add robot account to policy rule “logon as a batch job”

Does anyone have another hint?

Hi @nic1

Did you happen to already log a ticket with our support? It would guarantee that we will follow-up on the issue.

Hi,

Is the robot machine a windows server or a workstation (like win7, win10) ?
How much time would you say it takes for the user to login when you manually connect via windows desktop remote connection (mstsc) ?

Hi @loginerror, yes I already raised a ticket

@andreiT the robot machine is a win7 workstation and the user login is about 30s, sometimes faster sometimes slower. However I increased the timeout time already up to 5 minutes, but that changed nothing.

And this happens every time you run a job from Orchestrator?
Is there any other user beside the robots one that is logged in or in a log-out procedure?

Yes this happens every time running a job for each provisioned robot since I upgraded to 2018.4
There is no other user on a robot machine, because each machine is currently reserved for only one robot user.

Thank you, let’s see what the support discovers, I’ll follow the ticket and help if I can.

1 Like

So, together with the support we could find an solution, but not the source of the issue.

Since the error occurs I used the setting loginToConsole as true. After the update this setting does not working anymore and had to be changed to false. In addition I had to allow “creating a remote session” in the remote settings on each robot machine.

The support mentioned that this issue must invoked by individual configurations or policy settings in my environment, so it was not possible to find out the specific source of the issue

This might actually be a bug, We were able to reproduce this a few times in our testing environment, though it’s hard to reproduce.
An issue is logged and we are investigating it. We’ll keep you posted when we’ll have more info

Thanks!

1 Like

Was this issues solved…??? Am getting this error in my prod. Interesting enough there are no logs available.

I’m also facing the same issue. Is it resolved ?

Hi is this a verified bug in 18.4 ?