Advent Challenge #3

Beginners Advent Challenge #3

Santa is trying to download the files from the cloud by sitting closer to the Clouds…LoL

We are getting Sonny’s help to finish the job and Sonny did his job much quicker than expected !!! and Handed the output…

and workflow looks like this…

Santa receive the below email with the attachment contains the backup files.

Santa is back to the cloud… :sunglasses:

XAML : Main.xaml (31.1 KB)

5 Likes

u use outlook???

@SamiKiran - I have configured my gmail account in my outlook…

Meanwhile in Copenhagen, Denmark :denmark:

:santa:: Ah, that was a great nap! I feel… wait a minute, I left my wish book in the cloud! What am I gonna do?

:robot:: Fret not, Santa! I’m here to help you!

:santa:: Can you retrieve my files from the cloud? I thought you could only do regex.

:robot:: Haha, I can do wonders! Give me the list of your file names.

:santa:: Here you go (Santa hands over the list).

:robot:: Okay Santa, you can relax now! I’ll take care of this. I’ll let you know once I’m done.

:santa:: Cool but, can I see you in action?

:robot:: Very well, in that case, let me tell you how I solve the first problem.

Advent Challenge #3, Beginner:

Workflow Screenshot:

Approach Used:
UI automation, since all the files are going to be downloaded from the same website + Santa wanted to see it in action :wink:

Email Screenshot:

Bot Run Screenshot:

:bell:: 1 new message for Santa :email:

:santa:: This is awesome, UiPath robot! Can you please do the same for the second problem as well but, I’m afraid I’ve scattered these files. It’s because of these reindeers.

:robot:: Thanks, Santa! Of course but, this time I’m going to follow a different approach since the files are scattered across different clouds.

Advent Challenge #3, Advanced:

Workflow Screenshot:

Approach Used:
Check the book address cloud name and use an if condition to determine the endpoint and pass it to the HTTP Request activity.

The downloaded files are stored in a folder named “AdvancedFiles” and after the for loop, this folder is zipped and emailed.

Email Screenshot:

Bot Run Screenshot:

:bell:: 1 new message for Santa :email:

:santa:: Oh my goodness! Thank you very much, UiPath robot! You really saved Christmas!

:robot:: It’s my pleasure, Santa! Let me know if you need anything else.

:santa:: Nothing as of now. Let me go and get the gifts ready…

:santa:: Done! Thanks to my friend UiPath robot, I’m going to take another nap now :sleeping:

:robot:: Haha, sleep tight Santa! I’m always by people’s side, helping them reboot work. I can’t wait to see what’s next!

UiPath-Document-Understanding_Card01-removebg-preview

Thanks for this @Vibhor.Shrivastava, @loginerror, @Steven_McKeering, @AndersJensen, and others. Appreciate your efforts!

Cheers,
Rahul

3 Likes

Also, appreciate your swift response @StefanSchnell :slight_smile:

Love what the you’ve made the minions accomplish @Anna_Maziarz :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

There’s nothing Indy can do! Creative one, @stefano_negro :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Advent Challenge #3 (Advance)

Hello Santa,

4d0c9deece33de55ad09dc59d4994b23

My name is Doremon and I heard that you need someone’s help who can fetch all your long travelling list from different cloud.

So, Don’t worry santa. I’m here to help you with my new Gadget and his name is Robomon :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Robomon will first fetch all the cloud address from where he will download the all the travelling list files in ZIP. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Santa here is my workflow and with the help of this workflow I will send you all the files in combine zip format. yuppieeee… yeeee :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:
First one

Second one

OK, doremon. Please do fast because I’m in hurry.

So, Now my Robomo will use the HTTP request activity to download the file at one place.

Doremon this is really awesome technique. :kissing_heart: :heart_eyes: :santa: :santa:
asweom

download
Let’s combine all the zip file into one archive file

And here is the file archive snapshot. :dancer: :dancing_women: :dancing_women: :dancer:

Santa be ready for the final moment where my ROBOMON :robot: will send you the all the files over the mail on your email ID :email:.

1…2…3 :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Dear Santa could you please check your mail inbox :inbox_tray: My ROBOMON has sent you the email :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Santa :santa: :Ok, Let me check.

Ohhh Yesss I got your email and your ROBOMON is really very talented MR.Doremon :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

GotEmail

And here is the Email Screenshot for the reference.
Mail

Thank you Doremon for helping me to fetching my travelling list file.
Will meet you soon… Byeeee :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :star_struck: :star_struck:

Now, I will go happily.
4_Santa-Claus-waves-in-Rovaniemi-Finnish

3 Likes

Advanced Advent Challenge #3

Continuing from my Beginner workflow, I took the Regex path again( :mechanical_arm:) to find my matches and then use that in my Switch activity.

And the final email to Santa

XAML: Advent3_Advanced_prasath17.xaml (74.9 KB)

3 Likes

Dear Santa,
Don’t worry about the gift lists. I have a friend who can help you about fetch your files from cloud.

*When I told the situation to my friend he accepted the mission. *

Friend stork flied to the cloud that has the file of Santa Claus.

He fetched the files with using user interface.

Sent the files in “gifts_beginner.xlsx” successfully.

*But there was a second list of Santa Claus *

This time he tried “HTTP Request" to fetching files. It was more efficient way rather than using user interface.

After all the files fetched from clouds and sent to Santa Claus successfully. :santa:

Workflows

Beginners Challenge

Firstly, read “gifts_beginner.xlsx” to use the data.

Then, download files from the cloud with using its user interface.

Finally, the downloaded files sent to Santa Claus.

AdventChallenge3.Beginner.zip (51.7 KB)

Advanced Challenge

Firstly, read “gifts_advanced.xlsx” to use the data.

Then, sent http request for each cloud platform.

Finally, zipped all downloaded files and sent to Santa Claus.

AdventChallenge3.Advanced.zip (42.7 KB)

5 Likes

Hey Santa,
I finally found and reassembled your lost wishlists and posted them to your Northpole address. This was challenging, but fun.

Kudos to @AndersJensen and others for doing great how-to-videos.
P.s. Got problems with gmail not accepting the zipped file. Didnt like zipped zip-files with passwords…Challenge3_LostGifts_MarkusAnding_Advanced.zip (23.0 KB)

4 Likes

Beginner

Santa is calling Po to help him
santamobile

My yummy food or help Santa !!!
Poeating
Well UIAutomation is much more quick and reliable now, Let me do it right now
Check the different selectors available with modern UI Automation

Voila Files have been downloaded and sent to you email

Now back to my dumplings
Poeating2
Note
XAML attached.
Copy beginner xls file to project folder
Edge is the browser used and make sure to browser setting so that it always asks what to do with each download
SMTP mail message is used, and use your account for sending emails
Main.xaml (30.7 KB)
Cheers

5 Likes

Smart idea @Anna_Maziarz to go round different sources.
How did you find out the different syntaxes to direct download instead of do UI-clicking?
//Markus

2 Likes

Thank you to all participants. I have been reading your solutions and each one of you have a unique solution. To me this is an amazing way of improving our knowledge within UiPath and RPA in general. Cheers to you all. :+1: :star_struck:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here comes my submission for Advanced Advent Challenge #3

Looks like Santa has lost it, I mean his contacts!

After looking at the :unicorn: like wonderful solutions with Https requests from other community members, I must say Santa will be very impressed!

So after almost three days I realized… I will give some love to the new Ui Automation (@loginerror) !

1. The FileDownloader.xaml uses UI automation to download zip files depending on the incoming URL.

2. The MailThemContacts.xaml does the hard work of looking for files, unzipping and zipping them and sending it to Santa via an email.

3. I do hope santa has recieved it.

Attached is the solution files with annotations as usual: Advanced Advent Challenge 3.zip (7.4 MB)

5 Likes

Thank you @Markus_Anding :relaxed:
I spent some time to find out the syntaxes.

For Dropbox I found solution on their forum.

For Google drive I noticed that after clicking the download button the url changed for a while, so I copied the generated link and tried use it in new window and this link worked.

For Sharepoint I did not find any documentation how download a file directly from the link, so I just tried a few options like ?dl=1, /download etc. and ?download=1 worked.

For Box I followed page requests on the website after clicking the download button and I observed that page send request using this endpoint.

As you can see every source is different and there is not one documentation where we could find the answer, unfortunately. I analyzed each case separately through trial and error. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Hey Santa,

Forgetting the your book? At the hotel?? :scream:

You’re lucky because World’s Best Boss is here to help you :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Beginner Advent Challenge

So, I used UI automation because I love traditional solutions for beginner…

And sent you the result mail:

Please check my workflow:
AdventChallenge_3_Beginner.zip (2.6 MB)

WHAT? Do you also want the advance solution?

Fine… Here you go!

Advanced Advent Challenge

As an advanced solution this time I’ve used http call with different endpoints according to the platform. Downloaded and unzipped all the files.

And then compressed all the files together in one folder.

Finally sent you another mail with the final main zip:

My advanced workflow:
AdventChallenge_3_Advanced.zip (7.5 MB)

By the way, I’ve sent you a mail without any attachment. Sorry about that, please ignore it.

All this work made me tired. I’ll be sleeping until you need me again.
b53fb6cfbec5844cd5d40cdb1fc1bb97

Bye!

5 Likes

Is it really that you just overslept there in Copenhagen? i doubt that Santa. Maybe you were drunk. hahaha but that is fine Santa. :smiley:

And yes, im very sure Santa will have a nice stay at Copenhagen. Who wouldn’t?

Kidding aside, I know what you really did there. I have friends also who have eyes you know

First, they saw you in Tivoli Gardens

Then, they said you were hanging out with your good friend Chuck at the little mermaid statue

One thing is for sure, I’m sure you missed Rudolph, Dancer and Prancer because you cannot ride them there. So, you rode a bike with the Santa Ladies and Other Santa Men. thinking that we cannot identify who you really are within the group.

Tsk tsk tsk tsk… What would Mrs. Claus thinkv

But anyway, dont worry, you can show here this picture instead so that you have an alibi that you were just helping the elderly in CPG.

We appreciate that Santa.

Most probably that is why you were not forgot the list…Wink Wink Wink I totally understand.
WE ALL totally understand Wink Wink Wink

Such a kindhearted man you are… you deserver our help.

Hence, this is the email for both beginner and advanced for you.

BEGINNER

ADVANCED

Now you see Santa, i know the technology is quite fast. So i decided to use the best of both worlds solution for you. Hence, the solution is both using UiAutomation and some activities using direct UiPath activities such as Send Outlook Mail Messages and such.

I also used Navigate to instead of using HTTPS as it will be able to do the same for some of the downloading as long as we provide the proper endpoint. :slight_smile:

Its 4am here in Singapore that is why im not able to create a very lengthy post for you. But rest assured! Ill be there the next time you raise a request.

Im sending you the workflow files for both beginner and advanced :slight_smile:

UiPath Advent Challenge3.zip (9.4 MB)

Also, i would like you thank @Anna_Maziarz for sharing the tips and tricks to download directly.

5 Likes

Ho ho hoo…Mary Christmas
:evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree:

If you wish to watch my Santa Story the
Episode #1 ==> :snowman_with_snow: Advent Challenge #1
Episode #2 ==>:Santa: Advent Challenge #2 (Everyone welcome to join the event!) - #36 by Maneesha_de_silva

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

Welcome to my Santa Story Episode #3 (Beginners/Advance Advent Challenge Inside)
:point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right: :point_right:

Santa Suddenly remembered that he already have Uipath Orchestrator in his mobile
1.PNG

And Thanks to Cloud he already made Job process to Send Beginners and Advance file to mail with 2 different jobs

Ho ho… Santa is Smarter

When Santa Execute job Let me show you how the file has been downloading and zipping automatically in **jingle bell’s Server **

But … don’t tell to her please…

Beginners Advent Challenge #3

Challange 3 Beginners Main.xaml (12.8 KB)

Advanced Advent Challenge #3

Challange 3 Advanced Main.xaml (12.1 KB)

4 Likes

@SamiKiran Did u figure out what is blocking to send smtp mail message? I am curious as I’m facing same trouble while sending mail with .zip attachments . It’s working fine with other attachments like xlsx/text files but couldn’t identify issue .zip attachments

RemoteException wrapping MailKit.Net.Smtp.SmtpCommandException: 5.7.0 This message was blocked because its content presents a potential
5.7.0 security issue. Please visit
5.7.0 File types blocked in Gmail - Gmail Help to review our
5.7.0 message content and attachment content guidelines. h1sm2108879qtr.1 - gsmtp
at UiPath.Mail.Activities.SendMailActivity.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

1 Like

@prashanthig - If you scroll up @loginerror has already posted a messge on this…Culprit is gmail …

So for the advance challenge… i have used an email ID provided by my Internet service provider…and it worked…

3 Likes

Thank you for quick response. will check editing with other id. Hope it works for me too.

happy Automation & Cheers

2 Likes