About UiPath Orchestrator

Hi,

I’m going to use the UiPath Orchestrator, but I have some queries about it.
Could anyone please guide me?

#Sorry, I’m a beginner of it.

1. About “Tenant”
    Is it mandatory? I have seen some client who has used
    it without “Tenant” name.
    If it is empty, what will happen? and what kind of demerits will occur?
    I would like to know correct usage of it.

2. About “Unit”
    What is difference against “Tenant”?
    Originally, For what purpose will it be used?

Best regards,
dekochan,

1 Like

Hi @dekochan85,

1. Tenant
    Is it mandatory? - the answer is No, when you have Default tenant.
    Generally, a tenant is created to segregate data of different modules/departments in your organisation. But the underlying database will be same for those data. You can also refer below link for more info :blush:
  1. Unit - Unit is an integral part of Tenant where you can separate the components for different users within a tenant (more like restrictions). Please refer below link for more info

https://orchestrator.uipath.com/docs/about-organization-units

Please reply if you have any doubts

Hi PAVITHRAN,

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Because of your information, I understood what the tenant and unit are.

By the way, usually how are they used?(Of course, I undestand the ways to be used are case-by-case, but I would like to know “General” ways)

Tenant - company name
Units - divisions or some organizations in above company

Above usage is “General” way?

I’m sorry to bother you, but could you please tell me the normal usage about tenant and units?

Thanks,
dekochan,

1 Like

Hi @dekochan85

Let us take a real-time scenario:

Tenant - In our project, we are working on different SAP Modules viz., SCM/P2P, CRM/O2C, FI, BI/BW, PI. So when automating their tasks, we need to segregate their data so that each team can see their respective automated tasks in their corresponding Orchestrator Tenants. But we have to keep in mind that the underlying database for storing their data will be same (MS Azure, Amazon cloud, etc.,)

Unit - Unit is more like system/database access. Unit is generally used for restricting users to use some options in the orchestrator. For example Admin will have access to all the unit, whereas a monitoring resource can be restricted to create robots, processes, etc., in the specified orchestrator tenant. Likewise you can add ‘n’ number of users in a tenant and provide various access levels (in our case, Units) to them.

Hope you understood now, if not please reply your doubt. I’m always delighted to solve the queries which makes me to explore a lot alongside you. You’re always welcome to post your queries in the forum. :relaxed::bouquet:

Hi @PAVITHRAN

Thank you very much!
I feel that I have understood the usages of tenants and units somehow.

If I’ll have any doubt about this topic, can I post it again?

Thanks,
dekochan,

1 Like