ABBYY integration with UiPath

Hi Team,

I want to do a POC on ABBYY OCR and not sure which ABBYY tool need to install and integrate with UiPath.

There are different tools are listed in ABBYY Website:
ABBYY Flexicapture Connector
ABBYY Flexicapture Engine
ABBYY Flexicapture Studio etc.

I have Uipath community trial version and looking for trial version of ABBYY which fulfill my below requirement.

I need to extract fields from pdf/images irrespective of whole document.

Can someone please suggest/guide me with the UiPath integration process and software downloadable url links.

Your help is appreciable .

Thank you.

1 Like

Take a look at this connector

https://go.uipath.com/component/abbyy-flexicapture-connector-for-uipath-31cc20

1 Like

I got some clarity… but still need what all ABBYY’s applications need to install. is something we can use trail software?

Also i need documentations how to integrate with Uipath.

Thank you for your help

I do not have more information, as I do not work with this domain.

1 Like

Thank you Ciprian…

Can anyone please answer my query…

1 Like

Hi @afroz.mohammed,
you need to install Abbyy flexicapure / engine to work with Abbyy activities. You can get a demo and trial key from Abbyy after requesting.

1 Like

Hi,
What actually is your requirement?
are you trying to fetch fields from images, in that case you ca use flexi capture,
or abbyy fine reader.

abbyy fine reader has trail version, and abbyy flexi capture have trial version only for US region

Let us know if more help or details needed.

Regards,
Pavan H

1 Like

Thanks Pavan for the quick answer.
Can we integrate abbyy fine reader with UiPath? can you please share the procedure if available over the website.

Thank you,

I have installed Abbyy flexicapture/Engine, however I am unable to get the trial License key from Abbyy… If you can provide any contact from Abbyy, It would be of great help.

Thank you.

Hi,
What I have tried is opening the fine reader using start process and then doing the operation manually as we do in fine reader,
For flexi capture, it’s like the output of flexi capture will be stored in database or in excel and from there you can get to uipath as a datatable.

Let us know if this helps,
Regards,
Pavan H

1 Like

There are many different products offered by ABBYY, and just as many integration paths. For example, if you needed just plain and simple OCR, you might as well integrate their Cloud SDK - that’s essentially a web service offering text recognition, but nothing more.

FlexiCapture on the other hand is a whole different story. While it relies on ABBYY’s OCR engine, its purpose is to turn data into information. OCR by itself is nothing else but data - pixels turned into letters, letters turned into words - but without meaning. FlexiCapture allows you to define document types and extraction strategies - for example, imagine an invoice and FlexiCapture extracting an invoice number for you. You now have information, or key-value-pairs - you know that the invoice number for a certain document is 42, instead of just knowing that there was a word ‘42’ on said document.

FlexiCapture is (almost) natively integrated into UiPath with the IntelligentOCR scope and associated activities. Still, it requires the FlexiCapture SDK to be installed on the machine. You can request trials here.

1 Like

I need more clarification plz, if i need to automate a process inside a bank using Uipath and the first step from this process is to extract a lot of information from customer applications do i need to purchase ABBYY FlexiCapture or ABBYY FlexiCapture SDK or both .