ABBYY Fine Reader Engine

Hi,
Just wanted to ask:

1. Is ABBYY Fine Reader Engine can be integrate with Community Edition verson?
  2. Is there any trial version for ABBYY Fine Reader Engine? (i already have Fine Reader 12 installed)

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @gemlan,
Is these for OCR issue ? can i see sample pdf data if any?

3 Likes

Hi Buddy @Gemlan

Welcome to UiPath community
Hope this could help you on this
https://go.uipath.com/component/abbyy-flexicapture-connector-for-uipath-31cc20

Cheers

3 Likes

hi sir @pattyricarte yes sir… Is ABBYY the best OCR Engine when extracting data into any format like pdf, jpg, etc…?

2 Likes

@pattyricarte Hi sir…Is it okay to use ABBYY Fine reader for OCR or do we need to have ABBYY Flexicapture? Thanks for answering my queries.

2 Likes

Hi @gemlan

if it is complicated that you need to get the value of pdf files i do suggest that you need to use the flexi abbyy instead of uipath ocr…maybe you can share your pdf it is not confidential many thanks.

3 Likes

Hi sir… regarding pdf i will be using receipts and invoices. Just the typical layout

… something like that…

2 Likes

Hi @Gemlan
Do you have multiple template of invoice or always the same format?

4 Likes

We have a lot of format…

2 Likes

Hi,
Abbyy Fine Reader is different and flexicapture is different.If you want to integrate with UiPath then you need to purchase Abbyy flexicapture .
You can extract the data from any format (Scanned PDF , handwritten documents ,PDF , images) by using Abbyy flexicapture and from this we can able to create a template that template to be used in 100+ invoices to extract data.

After creating the template , publish it in the Administrator station (if it is standalone version)/Project setup station(if it is distributed station).While publishing you will get fcdot file .
That file to be used in Uipath studio inside the intelligent OCR scope activity , pass it into Process Document activity.

5 Likes

We have a lot of format depending on our clients data.

2 Likes

Hi @Gemlan

you might use abby flexicapture if you have multiple format of invoice pdf.

Hope this might be helpful to you!

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks @pattyricarte

3 Likes

@Gemlan’
No worries
Happy to help.

cheers

Happy learning

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.