Abby Flexi Capture or ABBYY FlexiCapture SDK or both

need more clarification plz, if i need to automate a process inside a bank using Uipath and the first step from this process is to extract a lot of information from customer applications do i need to purchase ABBYY FlexiCapture or ABBYY FlexiCapture SDK or both .

We would need further details when you say, “extract a lot of information from customer applications” incase it’s a desktop application or web application then you would need to use appropriate UiPath activities example screen scrapping, get text etc. Do let us know further details so that we can help.

Hi UiPath
For example, when we are automated process for bank , loan opening you received some documents links loan form and salary payslips

Sow we need to extract
Name
Type of loan
Collateral
Salary

Dalia

Hello Dalia,

In that case based on document complexity, you need to perform OCR operations. You can used default ocr engine listed in below screenshot which you can implement using default and native method.

You might want to share sample copies of the document so that we can assist you with more accrue information’s in your automation journey.
Do let us know, in case you need further details.

If you find this information useful than mark this as solution and hit like icon.

Hi Uipath team

Thank your for your email, so if I will use ABBYY ocr engine do I need to have the entire ABBYY Flexi capture In my enterprise or i willl use ABBYY cloud

Br
Dalia

Hi Dalia,

As I said earlier, it’s depends on the complexity and how many number of such documents(pages/images) you need to process based on that you can choose. I would suggest you to try with existing native OCR engine available with UiPath studio, as it support native OCR operation within UiPath environment.

To answer your question - if I will use ABBYY ocr engine do I need to have the entire ABBYY Flexi capture In my enterprise or i will use ABBYY cloud?

Answer is- you can use Abbyy cloud, if you perfer not to install ABBYY Flexi capture.

If you find this information useful than mark this as solution and hit like icon.