2019.10 - Invoke Workflow error

Hi,

On 2019.10.0-beta.477 when I try to invoke snippet “Wait For All Form Tasks Completion.xaml” using Invoke Workflow File I get the following message :
RemoteException wrapping System.Activities.ValidationException: An extension of type ‘UiPath.Activities.Contracts.Persistence.IPersistenceBookmarks’ must be configured in order to run this workflow.
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstanceExtensionCollection…ctor(Activity workflowDefinition,
WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager.CreateInstanceExtensions(Activity workflowDefinition,
WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.RegisterExtensionManager(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.EnsureInitialized()
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Enqueue(InstanceOperation operation,
Boolean push)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.SimpleOperationAsyncResult.Run(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.BeginRun(AsyncCallback callback,
Object state)
at UiPath.Executor.InProcessRunner.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.g__StartWorkflow|1()
at UiPath.Executor.InProcessRunner.BeginExecute(AsyncCallback callback,
Object state)
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ExecutorInvokeActivity.BeginExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context,
AsyncCallback callback,
Object state)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance,
ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor,
BookmarkManager bookmarkManager,
Location resultLocation)

I’m able to launch the file directly not just invoke it. what can be the reason?

1 Like

H @mittol_ldc

While invoking the invoke workflow and given the file path have you passed any arguments

Thanks
ashwinS

Hello @mittol_ldc

Make sure the file path to the invoking xaml file is correct, and also make sure you have provided the input and output arguments accurately

Hello,

Wait For All Form Tasks Completion.xaml don’t have any arguments and the location is good ( using open workflow open the file without any issue).

Hello @mittol_ldc

Can you run the the program in the debug mode?

Right click on the invoke workflow activity and click on toggle break point. This will add a red color circle on that activity. Now run the program in debug mode. Once the execution reach there, it will stop there and give you the control of the execution to run it step by step. Now click on go to next step… keep doing that until you get the error. This will help you to locate from where the error is coming from…

Can you try that and tell me your findings…

Hi Fernando,

Issue seems to be on the invoke workflow, but no idea why.

I did a test with an empty sequence file without any issue and got the issue once I added the sequence from “Wait For All Form Tasks Completion” snippet.
In the other end, if I copy Wait For All Form Tasks Completion content in a sequence in Main.xaml, I have no issue…

Hi,
I have the same issue with “Wait for Form Task and Resume”, if i create just a task it works, but with this activity same error :frowning:

Same error with the activity “Wait For Queue Item And Resume”

Were you able to resolve this error ?

I have the exact same issue.

I have the same issue with “Wait for Form Task and Resume” and also “Wait For Job And Resume”.

@tarekmadkour , @loginerror

Can you help with this issue ? This feature is really good but looks like its a bug in " Wait for Form task" event.

I am getting the same error. Anyone has the solution?

hi All

HAve you instAlled the pAckAge

ThAnks
Ashwin S

1 Like

yes, thats why it works in the main xaml file.

1 Like