Wait for form task problem

Hey,

I’m trying to get a workflow working with “Create Form Task” and “Wait for Form Task and Resume”. However, when I run the example snippet it gives the error mentioned below, saying I should configure the an IPersistenceBookmarks extension, which I’m not sure how to do.

If I disable the “Wait for Form Task and Resume” activity, everything works fine, and a Task is created in my online Orchestrator.

However, when the “Wait for Form Task and Resume” is in the workflow, the error is thrown on running it.

I’ve included my dependencies:
project.json (1.1 KB) Main.xaml (3.1 KB)

Thanks!
Martijn

20.4.0-beta.250

Message: An extension of type ‘UiPath.Activities.Contracts.Persistence.IPersistenceBookmarks’ must be configured in order to run this workflow.

Exception Type: System.Activities.ValidationException

RemoteException wrapping System.Activities.ValidationException: An extension of type ‘UiPath.Activities.Contracts.Persistence.IPersistenceBookmarks’ must be configured in order to run this workflow.
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstanceExtensionCollection…ctor(Activity workflowDefinition, WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager.CreateInstanceExtensions(Activity workflowDefinition, WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.RegisterExtensionManager(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.EnsureInitialized()
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Enqueue(InstanceOperation operation, Boolean push)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.SimpleOperationAsyncResult.Run(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.BeginRun(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.d__88.MoveNext()

1 Like

How does it work to change to the following setting in the project.json file?
“supportsPersistence”: true

5 Likes

Thanks! I wasn’t aware of the “Supports persistence” option, I switched it on in the Project settings, and everything worked.

Bumping this one up. Same issue. Wait for task and resume works fine when running independently as a main but if invoked then this activity bombs completely. I have checked project file and attribute for supportsPersistence: true.
Truly maddening:(

Same here. For me its clearly a bug. Hope UiPath fix it soon.

Hi all, i’m facing with same issue.
“supportsPersistence”: true in project file.
The workflow Still falling with error which appears below
Is there a way to solve this ?

1 Like

This was happening to me as well some time ago, in a process with document classification action. If I recall correctly, the solution was not to touch JSON object within or after the persistence activity. No idea why exactly it was happening, just the JSON object reference somehow interfered with the JSON objects used by the persistence.

Best

L

What do you mean “the solution was not to touch JSON object within or after the persistence activity.”
What actions do I need to take to resolve this?
Thanks !

I mean not to refer to any JSON object. I was having config JSON deserialized and referred to within the workflow (i.e. filePath = JSONobj(“key”).ToString). Once the assignment (or any other JSON related operation) was within or after the persistence activity, it raised exactly the same error you are showing. When I moved all my JSON related actions to before the persistence, the workflow worked fine.

L

@anupamtriwedi , may be we should share the latest templates here for the reference

Long-running activities part of the UiPath.Persistence.Activities package can only be used in an Orchestration Process entry point, the file marked as Main.xaml .

What worked for me is placing ‘Wait for Form Task and Resume’ outside the process xaml file.

You need to check the “Support Persistence” box in Project Settings:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.