20.10 Stable Release - Unattended Robot Log file issues (UiPath App & within Orchestrator)

I am a small community user with 10 automations that I am developing and testing with an Unattended Robot… My Orchestrator automation processes and triggers are within the original “Default Folder”…

Up until a couple of days ago, I could monitor my unattended robot processes through the “view Log” section on the UiPath App whist it was running as I had set up write logs throughout the process to tell me what part it was then doing if unable to watch the screen…

Now, I only get to see the start process and end process in the log files…

I am still connected though a machine key to the Robot assistant on my PC… I have spent the whole day trying to move everything over from a classic Folder scenario to a modern folder so i would then get to see my automations on the Robot Assistant… I got this working, but then my triggers would not work as I assume you can’t have more than one Robot assigned to a PC…

Can anyone give me some advice… I’m less concerned with seeing my automations in the Robot Assistant as I am really needing to be able to see the logs again, so when something fails I can see why it has etc… I have now changed everything back to machine key connection to Orchestrator and running my triggers etc back from my default folder, which allows me to run the Automations, but again does not give any log info anymore…

I assume that the unattended robot setup to work with the new update is somehow different to the videos I have been watching all day in youtube which generally only deal with attended robot/user adjustments since the Assistant upgrade etc…

Please Help
Dawn

Hi @DawnW

Were you logging using the Log Message activity or Write Line one?

I was just using the write line activity…

Has it changed now and you can only see log messages…?
If so, that is not a problem and I can replace them all so i can keep track of them whilst running on a PC I cannot see the screen of…

Correct. Write Line was logging as Info, rather than Trace. This was changed in the latest version.

Your options:

• easy one should be to enable logging of Traces for your Robot
  • the longer one would be to switch to Log Message activities

See here about logging levels:

As far as your other question - classic folder takes priority, so if you have two machines configured, one from the classic folder and one for the modern one, the classic will always take priority. You will need to eventually disable/delete the classic one to make things work for modern folder :slight_smile: