18_1: Old workflows throwing errors (SOLVED)

18_1

#1

Scenario: Run attached workflow (Turn_Scroll_Lock_Off.xaml), fails with text attached (ScrollLockErrors.txt)

Steps to reproduce: Run attached workflow

Current Behavior: Receive error message: “Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: {. Path ‘WorkflowFile’, line 1, position 17.”

Expected Behavior: Workflow worked with 2017.1.6522

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version: 2018.1.0

Last stable behavior: 2017.1.6522
Last stable version: 2017.1.6522
OS Version: Win7 64-bit
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):
(Contains Turn_ScrollLock_Off.xaml, ScrollLockErrors.txt)
ScrollLockErrors.zip (3.3 KB)

EDIT: Reinstalled from scratch, reinstalled all activities. Above error is gone.


#2

Check this please


#3

Some activities or it’s properties might be modified or renamed please check activities you have used in work flow and the activities in newer version and compare them. Hope we don’t have release notes for this need to do manually


#4

Hi Gabriel, @pathrudu,
Issues for me were solved with a reinstall from scratch of 2018.1.0. As expected, I had to re-license, re-install activities. I haven’t checked all old workflows, but most are working.
Reinstalling activities will be critical, I imagine, as not even a Message Box activity would work until I did (Newtonsoft.json error or something similar. Sorry I didn’t take a screenshot of it.)
Regards,
burque505


#5

A reinstall should not have been necessary, and all of your old workflows will run. A warning pop up message when opening an older workflow might come up but its not breaking anything. Its a known issue.


#6

Hmm. I got the same error as in Major Issue with 2018, and the workflow definitely did not run.

What you describe did not happen. Everything was definitely broken, including a simple workflow with only a Message Box. The reinstall fixed it, though.

Regards,
burque505


#7

this is ok to do with CE edition, but can u ensure when u release it for enterprise that we don’t have to reinstall. it will cause major issues with IT support etc.


#8

@Thuy_Lam, sorry for not mentioning that I’m using CE. The problem I had, however, seemed to be exactly what you’re experiencing (exactly the same error message).
Regards,
burque505


#9

The workflows I had created were working on UiPath Studio.exe 2017.1.6522
But I faced the same issue while opening the old workflows on UiPath Studio 2018.1.0 .

Killing all instances of UiPath Studio.exe and UiPath Robot.exe via the Task Manager solved the issue for me.

Hope this helps !


How to not update Studio to latest version? 2018.1.0 issues
#10

Hi,
In UIPath previous version(v2017.1) created a workflow (Based on Web automation) and now updated to v2018.1.
While running the workflow in v2018.1 version throw below exception(Can’t find UI element),

Execution error : UiPath.Core.SelectorNotFoundException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: —> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot find the UI element corresponding to this selector: \r\n at UiPath.UiNodeClass.FindFirst(UiFindScope scope, String nodeID)\r\n at UiPath.Core.UiElement.FindFirst(FindScope scope, Selector selector)\r\n — End of inner exception stack trace —\r\n at UiPath.Core.Activities.InvokeWorkflowFile.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)\r\n at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)\r\n at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)"


#11

Hi guys,

I got a solution, extension is the problem after set up extension in browser through the latest version of studio its working.

Thanks,
Tharma ks