Write cell in Existing/Opened current workbook

Hi
I am currently going through foundation course with 2018.4 version. In an exercise in learning Excel it suggests to use “Write Cell” in a loop which doesn’t ask for the worksheet name. But I have “Write Cell” activity which asks for the worksheet. Now when I want to add col1 and 2 and place the sum in col3, it says worksheet already in use by other application (I guess UiPath opened it earlier to read range). I have not opened any other Excel sheets too. I have attached the workflow. Please advise.

The Error:
An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file ‘…\UIPath\Practice1\Sample Columns.xlsx’ because it is being used by another process.

Excel.xaml (10.6 KB)

@nikh.sathe Check attached zip file its working as what you need.

Excel.xaml (13.8 KB)

Data.xlsx (7.3 KB)

1 Like

Thanks!!
While going through your example I came to know that there are two 'Write cell" activities having different properties. Please see the attached image. One asks for the file name and other works in current workbook. Apart from that I do not know if there is anything else or their expected usage.

1 Like

@nikh.sathe First Write cell activity is used in only Excel Application Scope

Second Write cell activity does not require excel application scope just needs to pass path and values

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.