Working Parallel with Queues items and Different Applications

Hi there,

I have a usecase that needs to connect to multiple applications using Interfaces because there no access to APIs and some of them don’t have! … Anyway I want to run a bot through these applications at the same time depends on triggers and events ( parallels ) the workflow will be as below:

there will be a multi queues around 20 each one of them contains many items and the trigger will be in each item will be add in any queue … then robot should run the process which will get the transaction items depends on queue name on which one has started the trigger ,after that robot will take each item and take a specific information and entered it to the required desktop application depends on gueue name .

the questions are :

how to get access to all the queue names and store it to make a loop and specifiy which application will be opened?

how to make these process parallel becuase there will be new items in many queues adding in the same time?!

I know I should use Reframwork but I’m still confuse how I can handle the process!!

thanks in advance.

wt do you mean ???

@sangeethaneelavannan1

I cant find your reply!!!

Based on my understanding of what you’re asking, I might try using queue-based triggers and the RE Framework as a starting point.

Consider the following example.

1. Create a Queue named Q1.
  2. Add a Trigger to Q1 named MyProcessTrigger-Q1.
  3. Configure MyProcessTrigger-Q1 as follows:
    a. Process name: Your process built on the RE Framework.
    b. Under Arguments, set the value for in_OrchestratorQueueName to Q1 and save.
    NOTE: in_OrchestratorQueueName is an argument exposed by Main.xaml in your RE Framework project. By providing a value for in_OrchestratorQueueName you will override the value coming from Config.xlsx - see the Initialization state in Main.xaml.

c. Make an appropriate robot/machine mapping (or allow dynamic allocation - whichever your use case requires).
    d. Add the trigger.
  4. Repeat these steps for each subsequent queue (e.g., Q2, Q3, …) you need to create - use the same process and update the input argument with the corresponding queue name.

Passing the name of the queue into the automation as shown above has two benefits. First, the RE Framework will follow all existing logic to process queue items - no changes required. Second, you can use the value in a Switch activity to determine the sub process you need to execute (see image below).

This setup should allow for parallel processing as each queue trigger would initiate its own job; however, there are a few assumptions:

1. A sufficient number of runtime licenses have been allocated.
  2. A sufficient number of (high-density) machines have been configured to handle the load.
  3. An appropriate number of robot identities have been created.

Hope this helps get you started.

@rrosebeck

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate that!
I’m starting to go through it step by step…

but I have a question: if there is more than one trigger happening simultaneously, how would management be !!!

Apologies, but I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking. What do you mean by “how would management be”? Management of what? Robot identities, triggers, machines, licenses, something else?

Triggers!

I mean the job inside the trigger running at the same time and be noted that the process is a front-end process like use application activity (UI Automation)…

Let’s say that I have “more than one item” has been added to a specific queue at the same time !!
how a Maximum number of pending and running jobs allowed simultaneously. in trigger can help me with that !!!

because now I noticed that it takes a long time to move between different apps to do the process according to the triggers !!! I want to reduce robot execution time with triggers !!
what is the best scenario to deal with that !!

thanks in advance.!