Workflow Error On Generate Yearly Report Performer: Process Transaction Workflow

I am getting this error message in my Process.xaml:

Invoke Process workflow: The following errors were encountered while processing the workflow tree:
‘Process’: The private implementation of activity ‘1: Process’ has the following validation error: Cannot assign from type ‘System.Int32’ to type ‘System.String’ in Assign activity ‘Assign’.

Does anyone have advice on where I should be looking within the workflow and what the error means?

@ctkayin Looks Like it’s a Validation Error, Can you check All of the Assign Activity’s in Process and check if there’s a Validation Error in it.

From this error message(image 1),

I think the activity throwing this error in the " system 1, navigate to work item details" workflow, however, I am uncertain of how to convert an int32 to a string ( image 2):

Any advice or suggestions?

@ctkayin The WorkItem_ID is of Integer Type, Hence It would need an Integer value. I think you are already performing the Conversion from String to Integer, Which I think is proper. Can you open that Workflow, and Show the Arguments created in it ?

1 Like

When I did the assigment, I just kept the WorkItem_ID as a string. There’s no need to convert it since you are not going to perform math operations with it.

Hi all, thanks for the suggestions. Turned out it was name of “workitem_id” that I had miswritten. It should have been WorkItemID with no underscore. The value conversion was written correctly as CINT(WIID). Thanks for all the suggestions though!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.