Windows login and logoff with UiPath

Hi,

What are ways to automatically log into Windows? I want to log into Windows when robot starts and to logoff at the end. I read that it’s possible with Orchestrator, but didn’t find how it’s done :slight_smile:.
I’d be glad if someone can provide an example.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BR,
Bojan

yah
while creating ROBOT in ROBOT TAB of orchestrator we will be mentioning the machine domain name and username followed by that the password if any to login
–so to get the domain\username in our machine in CMD command prompt enter the command WHOAMI which will give us that detail
–enter the same in the domain\username fiedl while creating a robot
–then enter the password to login to our machine

this is how it works from orchestrator
for the full process
Kindly check with these stuffs that would surely resolve your issue
— first create a machine in orchestrator and that machine name should be same as in your system
To get that name go to start-> search as robot-> settings and get the machine name from there and paste the same while creating machine in orchestrator and copy the machine key after this from orchestrator and paste it in your system robot tray and mention the orchestrator url as well
— the. Make sure that we have a robot created in the orchestra with the same machine name and while entering the detail for username and password go to cmd window and type as whoami which will give use domain and username, enter the same in the orchestrator while creating robot
— create a environment now In the robot tab and tag the robot created in the previous step to this environment
— now back to our system in robot tray we have machine key, and orchestrator url mentioned readily and now we can connect
–once after connecting the machine to the orchestrator come back to our studio
go to execute tab and press publish, the project will get published to our orchestrator with a project version
–now come back to orchestrator, go to process tab and create a process by pressing on + symbol at the right top corner,
–there while trying to type itself we will be getting the process name in the process field, the one we published from our studio
–then select the from the drop down and after the choose a environment and create a process
–now we have published and created a process in orchestrator so final step is to run that process
–go to JOBS tab and press play button at the right top corner
and type in the process name and we will be getting the environment name and select the robot under that environment (the robot which is connected to the machine where we want to execute our process)

Cheers @Bojan_Tomsic

1 Like

Thanks for fast reply, but I think I meant the other thing…I already used Orchestrator to create and execute jobs successfully.

My question was if it’s possible to perform Windows login with Windows username and password? I want to have my laptop logged off all the time and when robot is scheduled in Orchestrator it needs to login/sign in into the computer and perform tasks. After all is done it needs to log out (same as it can be done with Win+L hotkey).

BR

yah thats what an UNATTENDED type of robot created in ROBOT TAB in orchestrator does

usually we will be creating a machine in MACHINE tab and that machine is what is our machine were we are going to login and perform task and log out

so once after creating the machine, that machine will be tagged to a ROBOT, which will perform the task in that machine…for that we will be mentioning here the DOMAIN\USERNAME and PASSWORD to login to that machine

when a process is triggered from orchestrator we will be choosing this robot so that it will login to the machine tagged with it, with the help of mentioned domain\username and password (even if the machine is logged off) and performs the task

Cheers @Bojan_Tomsic

1 Like

@Palaniyappan so it means that when I use unattended robot it will log into Windows automatically before it performs tasks if computer is logged off?
I have a lot of clicking and other activities which I read that are not good for unattended robot so I never used that kind of robot.

no buddy
that robot is meant to perform those activites even when the machine is off and without human intervention

Cheers @Bojan_Tomsic

1 Like

Oh, I see. But not all the activities can be performed with unattended robot, right? Like data scraping and others…

1 Like

no it can be done
unattended bot can take all activities with it

@Bojan_Tomsic

@Palaniyappan Just one more question. SendWindowMessage and SimulateClick are properties for unattended robots, right? Which one is better to use?

yes
IN CLICK activity
both does the same but clicking will be must faster when simulate click is used instead of send windowmessage property…or sometimes some application wont take simulate click while in that case we can use send window message property enabled
but any one only can be used at a time

or

IN TYPE INTO ACTIVITY
if we are using any hot keys like [k(enter)] along the string then use SEND WINDOW MESSAGE property
of if just string then use SIMULATE type property
as simulate type property will type the hot keys as it is as a string instead of performing that hot keys …thats why

Cheers @Bojan_Tomsic

1 Like

Thanks for help :slight_smile:. You helped me a lot to clear some things out.

Br,
Bojan

Cheers @Bojan_Tomsic

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.