Windows crash message

Hello all

I’m currently working with an application that have tendencies to crash every time i try to exit it.
After a few seconds, the well know “the program is not responding”- windows message appears.
If i click “Close the program”, it closes and i can continue with the rest of the workflow.

The problem is that when the windows message appears, the applications locks (or rather, continues trying to close forever…), meaning the Robot does not continue to the next step (closing the windows message), but instead waits for the application to return control (waiting forever).

I have tried to switch “WaitForReady” property to “NONE” but no change.

As a workaround I’m killing the app from windows processes instead.
As this seam to be a windows thing and not connected to my application, I was wondering if someone else have tried to automate windows crash messages and found a solution to this problem?

• Konrad

hehe… thank you for your lovely suggestion :slight_smile:

However the point of my post is to automate the windows error message, not fix the application.

Also it’s a known bug in the application, so it’s happening every time on all machines, meaning a reinstall is not gonna fix it :slight_smile:

So sorry I completely misunderstood you. Will try to resolve this :slight_smile:

No problem.
Thanks for your try :slight_smile:

Any ideas are still welcome!