Where exactly does python.exe need to be installed for python integration

Hi there,

Imagine I have a development machine with Studio installed and python.exe installed. If I create a sequence that runs a python script I understand I would need to provide the python.exe path on the development machine and the path to the script. Once this is packaged and deployed, would the python.exe need to be installed on the client machines where the automation is run? and if the orchestrator is installed on yet another machine, would it need access to the python.exe.

I am kind of assuming it only needs to be on the Dev machine, and once the automation is packaged then it will no longer require the python.exe to be anywhere else, is this correct?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hey @andy3

Python is required to invoke a script from UiPath.

The path which we provide is just to enable UiPath use the python exe for executing on that particular machine

Thanks
#nK

So you are invoking a Python script from you bot, is that right?
In this case, as in any other external script you might want to run from your bot, python has to be installed in the robot machine that will run the automation. It will not be automatically packaged with your process.
The orchestrator machine does not need to have it installed, though.

great thanks for the reponses

thanks for your reply, to follow for that, does that mean some changes are required on client machines as python will be on a separate path for those.

1 Like

You can configure these paths as Assets. In your development folder you configure the Asset for the path on your machine. In the robot folder for production environment, you configure the Asset with the adequate path.
In this way you just use te same asset and it will work in both environments seamlessly.

1 Like

Hey @andy3

Of course yes.

You can do the suggestion by @Lucas_Ferraz which will help

Thanks
#nK