What is diffrent between document understanding and local netive ocr

Hi expert
I have question hope I will get meaning full answer why we need documents understanding if we can perform the same image processing using OCR(Microsoft, google ocr etc) can you please tell me advantage and disadvantage.

Hey
Document Understanding is a part of Machine Learning but OCR is used for extracting the details from Image kind of document

Thanks

Hello @Aleem_Khan

I would suggest you to complete the below training to understand better.

Document understanding is a wide concept including ML to automate even unstructured documents. Even in document understanding also OCR is in use in the digitalization stage.

1 Like

Hey!

DU - will use DU to extract the pattern and unstructured data…

For example if we are dealing with same pattern and also unstructured invoices in that case will use DU… we just need to extract the one page if we have same pattern documents… The model will give you the remaining invoices data bcz the pattern of the invoices are same…

If we use Community DU we have some limitations like

-we can extract only 2 documents
-the file size less than or equal to 4MB

OCR - when we’re dealing with images which we can’t extract with output methods like get text,get full text, get visible text. In this case will use OCR to extract the image/Handwritten data…

Initially this will takes a lot of time based on the image…

I hope you get the answer

You can check the above mentioned link by @Rahul_Unnikrishnan

Regards,
NaNi

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.