Website is refreshed while entering data from excel file

Hello All,

I just started learning UIPath and i get into such situation where i am entering data to a website after reading from an excel file and it is working fine too BUT while testing i came across one scenario where if a website is getting refreshed (may be by a user pressing accidentally f5 onto the UI) then bot is skipping some of the fields ( where data should be entered) which is not giving the correct output.

What can i do to make my bot more robust ?

1. Can i try element exist before each type into activity , if yes will performance take a hit ?
  2. or is there any better way to deal this kind of scenario.

Also 1 more question

I have used get row item activity to get data and used the output from it to my type into activity to enter data to a website instead of tutorial method like customerdata.Rows.(rownumber)(“First name”).To String

Am i doing the right thing.

Thanks in advance
Tarun

1 Like

Hi @tarun2307

Welcome to the community

I guess if bot is running and you tried to interupt the bot ofcourse it will get unexpected error right.

Scenario:
1.Open Website
2.Use Excel Application Scope Activities
3.Use Read Range Activities
4.Use ForEachRow
5.Then input the value of excel in your website.

Note: you can set the property of your web application to run it on background.
You can use this link for your reference.Run into Background

Also here i attached a document for your reference to make a healtier robot.
UiPath Automation Best Practice Guide 05 25012018.pdf (1.4 MB)

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks a lot Patty,
It made sense :slightly_smiling_face:

Actually here we have a clear all rows button which will clear all the rows which were entered by bot earlier , I am just thinking a case here like if (some or all) data is already present , then we don’t want bot to enter it again so how can we can make bot to wait till data is clear .
Please help

1 Like