Wanted to know

i wanted to know that i have a test case that I want to execute for multiple data set how can i do that from Orchestrator / test manager any idea

1 Like

@mint

You can select data driven testing and test data queues to send different kinds of data and perform your testing

https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/standalone/2023.4/user-guide/managing-test-data-queues-in-orchestrator#upload-items-to-test-data-queues

One more way is to use data services to pass the test data both aupports passing data from orchestrator for the test case

Hope this helps

Cheers

1 Like

HI @mint

Can you check out this video and docs

https://docs.uipath.com/orchestrator/standalone/2023.4/user-guide/test-executions

@Anil_G @Gokul001

can you help me on this why is it pending state

i have publish the test on orchestrator as well

here on orchestrator

that account/ robot it is not showing any robot to execute

@mint

That means no testing license is allocated to any machine or robot

Orchestrator->Tenant->Machines->Edit machine->Allocate testing license

Also check if robot role is assigned to any user

Orchestrator->Tenant->Manage Access->Edit->Assign robot role

cheers

To execute a test case for multiple data sets from Orchestrator/Test Manager, you can use the following methods:

Method 1: Using Data-Driven Testing

Data-driven testing is a type of testing where the test data is stored in a separate file, such as a CSV file or an Excel file. The test case is then executed using the data in the file.

To use data-driven testing in UiPath, you can use the Read Range activity to read the data from the file into a DataTable. You can then use the For Each Row activity to loop through the rows in the DataTable and execute the test case for each row.

Here is an example of a UiPath test case that uses data-driven testing to execute a test case for multiple data sets:

// Read the data from the file into a DataTable
Read Range
    File Path: "C:\Path\To\Data\File.csv"

// Loop through the rows in the DataTable
For Each Row In DataTable
    // Execute the test case for the current row
    Execute Test Case
Next

Method 2: Using Test Parameters

Test parameters are variables that can be used to store test data. Test parameters can be defined in UiPath Test Manager or in the test case itself.

To use test parameters to execute a test case for multiple data sets, you can create a test parameter for each data set. You can then use the test parameters in the test case to execute the test case for each data set.

Here is an example of a UiPath test case that uses test parameters to execute a test case for multiple data sets:

// Create test parameters for the data sets
Test Parameter: DataSet1
Test Parameter: DataSet2

// Execute the test case for DataSet1
Execute Test Case
    Data Set: DataSet1

// Execute the test case for DataSet2
Execute Test Case
    Data Set: DataSet2

Method 3: Using a Test Suite

A test suite is a collection of test cases. You can use a test suite to execute a test case for multiple data sets by creating a test case for each data set and adding the test cases to the test suite.

To execute a test case for multiple data sets using a test suite, you can use the Execute Test Suite activity in UiPath Orchestrator.

Here is an example of a UiPath test suite that executes a test case for multiple data sets:

// Create a test suite
Test Suite: Execute Test Case For Multiple Data Sets

// Add the test cases to the test suite
Add Test Case: Test Case 1
Add Test Case: Test Case 2

// Execute the test suite
Execute Test Suite
    Test Suite: Execute Test Case For Multiple Data Sets

Which method you choose to use will depend on your specific needs. If you need to execute the test case for a large number of data sets, then you should use data-driven testing. If you need to execute the test case for a small number of data sets, then you can use test parameters or a test suite.

And for this

There are a few reasons why your test case may be in a pending state in Orchestrator:

• The robot is not licensed. Make sure that the robot that you are using to execute the test case is licensed.
  • The robot is not assigned to the test case. Make sure that the robot that you are using to execute the test case is assigned to the test case.
  • The robot is not available. Make sure that the robot that you are using to execute the test case is available.
  • The robot is executing another process. Make sure that the robot that you are using to execute the test case is not already executing another process.

Hope this helps

Cheers @mint

1 Like