Extension of Type 'UiPath.Activities.Contracts.Persistence.IPersistenceBookmarks' must be configured error

Dear all, I was trying out the exercise on UiPath academy on the AI/ML Movie Review practice. I started from scratch and followed the solution step by step, and copied the solution step by step. Everything was working fine until one of the last part “Task for Human Validation” where I get the following error:

20.10.7+Branch.support-v20.10.Sha.59fdc9eaddb3b60006a3a2396fa57210c6d28dc6

Message: An extension of type ‘UiPath.Activities.Contracts.Persistence.IPersistenceBookmarks’ must be configured in order to run this workflow.

Exception Type: System.Activities.ValidationException

RemoteException wrapping System.Activities.ValidationException: An extension of type ‘UiPath.Activities.Contracts.Persistence.IPersistenceBookmarks’ must be configured in order to run this workflow.
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstanceExtensionCollection…ctor(Activity workflowDefinition, WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager.CreateInstanceExtensions(Activity workflowDefinition, WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.Hosting.WorkflowInstance.RegisterExtensionManager(WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensionManager)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.EnsureInitialized()
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Enqueue(InstanceOperation operation, Boolean push)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.SimpleOperationAsyncResult.Run(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.BeginRun(AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at UiPath.Executor.RobotRunner.d__89.MoveNext()

If I disable the “Wait for Form Task and Resume”, it works. I check back and forth and couldn’t find any difference between my built from scratch version and that of the one downloaded from UiPath Academy (which works when running from the same machine).

Any help would be appreciated.

Here’s the link to the source code but you’ll have to be connected to AI center and configure the respective MLSkill etc.

Thank you and stay safe.

I’ve managed to solve it a moment after posting in the forum.

For those who are interested in the solution, click on the “Wait for Form Task and Resume” and select “Project Settings”. Under the “General” tab on the left, choose “yes” for “Starts in background” and “Supports Persistence”

I’m almost done with this part of the practice, just a little more on the form design to go.

10 Likes

Hi @m.tan @Tan_Yong_Heng

I too get this error when i’m working on action center but its a simple mistake after enabling it my error will be gone. its simple mistake. sharing my thoughts here…

Regards
AMAL

3 Likes

Hi,
I have enabled supports persistence, but still getting the error.
any other settings has to be enabled?
Thank you

3 Likes

Did you manage to resolve this? I have the same problem

You will have to create a orchestration process and Add “Wait for Form Task” activity in the main.xaml. This activity cannot be under any other workflow apart from Main Workflow.
This how I solved.

4 Likes

go to project setting
general- check persistence support

I want to solve it, but I can’t find the persistence support in the same part.

I have already enabled the persistent setting still encountering the same error.

Hi @H_khot ,

Could you try also Disabling the Starts in Background option and check if it works ?

Tried but not working I have tested the other

currently i am using a sequence and passing the required argument

but if i try to run the action in Main Flow then there is no error.

@H_khot ,

This is the case with Long Running or Orchestration processes. The Wait for Resume activities should be in the Main workflow.

Check the Documentation below :

For better help, we would want to understand what is the Process Steps in brief and where is the intended use of Persistence or Action Center activities.

It works! thanks @AMALRAJ

1 Like