Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime as Part of UiPath Studio Installation

Today I build an SAP accelerator and in this context I saw that the Excel Add-in needs an additional installation of Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime. In secured environments it is often necessary to obtain separate releases for the installation of additional software. In this context it is my suggestion to include the Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime vstor_redist.exe as part of the UiPath installation. This would eliminate the need for additional release, because vstor_redist.exe would already be a part of UiPath.

3 Likes

Hi @StefanSchnell ,

Apologies for the delay in getting to this issue. Just wanted to learn more about your setup - what triggered the installation of Visual Studio Tools for Office Runtime? Did you have Office installed before installing UiPath Studio?

Many thanks,
Raluca

1 Like

@Raluca_Laic

Hello Raluca,

thanks for your reply. Yes, at first I installed Microsoft Office and later UiPath Studio. I want to install the Excel Add-in and the following message pops up.

Therefore my suggestion to integrate the Office Runtime into your Excel add-in, because otherwise, in restricted environments, additional security releases would be necessary.

Thanks and best regards
Stefan

1 Like

Hey @StefanSchnell ,

Thank you very much for the additional information. Just wanted to check, what version Office are you using? Looking a bit into this, the Visual Studio 2010 Tools is required for older version of Office. I do agree that it may be useful for users to have it installed automatically but given it’s an additional installation, we recommended the users install this following their company procedure in a separate step. With users upgrading their Office version, we should be seeing less instances of this.

Thanks,
Raluca

@Raluca_Laic

Hello Raluca,
thank you for letting me know that is necessary for older Office versions. I used Office version 2013, so far it fits.
Thanks and best regards
Stefan

Thank you, glad we can help!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.