Variables, arguments and workflows naming - best practice (from older thread)

I read this entire thread (Variables, arguments and workflows naming - best practice) with interest and was really interested by the arguments/opinions and facts. Plus I thought the link to a blog post of readable code and different naming structures fascinating.

My question is: is using a notation such as xx_lowerCamelCaseVarname or perhaps xxlowerCamelCaseVarname a bad thing (where xx might denote type [but perhaps not formal .net type/class])?
I see the expertise in the answers around the .net reasons and the arguments for and against things like hungarian notation, and note the absolute .net expertise in the thread for reasons not to do it - but my question comes from a different angle.
Confession - I come from a python, javascripty type world (and dare I say it AA RPA :blush:)

1. It is really handy for typeahead when entering variables
  2. Yes I can see the variable type in the list so I know what it is, but I find it quite handy.
  3. It is great for arguments

Reason for question: I am not new to UIPath but I am now learning it properly. I quite like the file analysis to give me warnings about conventions and the like. I had habitually named a variable str_varName and the analysis picked me up on it for not matching the regex. I could do strVarName and it would pass, but the underscore is (for me, in ignorance) just handy visually.
Secondary question: How seriously do you all take the file analysis ?

So would I be committing a proper RPA crime if I did use xx_varName (unless the specific project defined the conventions to use?)

1 Like