Use of Office365 Activities

Hi,

I am using Outlook 365 activity for downloading attachments. I used “Download Email attachments” activity. This activity doesn’t have option to provide the path where the attachment has to be stored. When I executed, It is working but I couldn’t find the attachment. Where does it get saved?

Also can you explain what is the difference between Office 365 and Office 365 (Classic) activities? Which one should be preferred?

Classic activities is used for windows and windows legacy
modern activities is for windows and cross platform

after downloading attachment you have to save email attachment

Hope this helps
Usha

Use this below code in save attachments activity,
CType(mailMessages(0),System.Net.Mail.MailMessage)

Where - mailMessages(0) is of type UiPath.MicrosoftOffice365.Models.Office365Message

Find the below screenshot,

Then what is the purpose of Download attachment activity? Should we always use Save Attachment after Download Email attachments?

@besakkiappan46

You dont need save attachments…download attachments will download to you local path only…

So coming to difference all the modern activities are compatible with cross platform …and classic are the old activities

Also in cross platform You cannot specify local paths and that is the same reason there is no path option given in downlaod attachments…

To know thw pth you can use downloadlist(0).LocalPath or downloadlist(0).FullName…downloadlist is the output of downlod attachments activity…(0) will give first attachment details…if you have multiple better use a for loop on the downlodlust and inside use currentitem.LocalPath

Hope this helps

Cheers

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.