Uploading Custom activity as Project dependency

I have created an Custom activity in UiPath and used it in my project. But when i deploy the robot and run that process in other machine using Orchestrator then there is an dependency error as the custom activity is stored in the Local machine on which the development is being done .

So how should i make that dependency available to other machines when the Process run there.

1 Like

@Jatin_Kamboj

Could you please copy that nupkg file into other machine under packages folder and then try it.

@lakshman
Hi Lakshman
I don’t want to do it that way. As I wanted to ask is there a way so that there is no need to physically add the nuget package to the other machine Same as the UiPath Default dependencies of the Project.

Or should i upload the Activity on Uipath Go

@Jatin_Kamboj

If this package will help others also then you can upload it into UIPath GO and they will publish once it passed all tests. Then you can configure GO package source into your studio and download it from there.

If you don’t want to upload into GO then keep it in one shared folder your network and configure that package source and download it from there which ever machine you want use it.

That activity i created converts the Adobe Indesign Template and Xml into Adobe Indesign FIle and Pdf

Is the problem solved?

Hi, lakshman
I installed the Custom Activity from my Own Nuget Server and I don’t want to upload it to Uipath Go, What should I do

@13051156620

It’s up to you. If you want to share it to others then you can publish into UiPath Market place else not.

If you want to share that package with in your organization then you can upload that package into Orchestrator package section. So that everyone can make use of it.

Hi @13051156620

You have multiple sources where you can get your packages from. Locally and UiPath Go are 2 of them, but I’d recommend opening the library in Studio, creating the package (.nupkg file) and then uploading it to the Libraries Section in Orchestrator:

This can be done manually if you create the package locally, or if you’ve studio connected to that same tenant, you can publish the library directly:

• Manually = Choose Custom + download location

• Automatic = Choose Orchestrator Tenant Libraries Feed

• Once you have the library uploaded (either automatically or manually) it will appear on your available packages within the project.

This way you’ll not have it locally, but orchestrator based, and not shated in UiPath Go if the library can’t be shared publicly.

Hope this helps!